My Love- Hate Relationship with Starbucks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

Prep yourselves for another piece about Starbucks friends, because here it comes.

What more could I possibly have to say about Starbucks? Lots apparently. Side note- I’m sitting in Starbucks while I write this, but not my location, a new one, we’re switching things up a little today folks.

Anywho, I have recently come to the conclusion that I have a very love-hate relationship with Starbucks. I will now explain this relationship with a series of gifs.

LOVE: I feel like a true hipster princess everytime I walk up to the counter and the barista says “Goodmorning Rae!”

HATE: Why the fuck is a cold brew $5. I DO NOT HAVE $5 (but I buy it anyway).

LOVE: They support coffee farms all around the world which is cool.  

HATE: The lack of gluten free and vegan foods (excluding the singular gluten free breakfast sandwhich they already have.

LOVE: The constant colorful drinks, all the colors, so many colors.

HATE: The 2:00 rush. Starbucks has no control over this but I need someone to be salty at.

And finally…

LOVE: Starbucks is my home. That is all.

Rae Stoffel is a senior at Butler University studying Journalism with a double minor in French and strategic communications. With an affinity for iced coffee, blazers, and the worlds worst jokes, she calls herself a witty optomistic, which can be heavily reflected in her writing. Stoffel is a Chicago native looking forward to returning to the windy city post graduation. 
Jazmine Bowens is a senior at Butler University. She is a Psychology major with a minor in Neuroscience and the Campus Corespondent for Butler University's Her Campus chapter. When she isn't in class, she's writing poetry, reading romance novels, or hanging out with her friends. Jazmine hopes to one day become an environmental lawyer and a published novelist.