This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

Fall is the season of change, and I’m 100% here for it. Not hating on the other seasons, but the atmosphere during fall makes me feel incredibly at ease and homey–and who doesn’t love that feeling? Here’s why I absolutely love the fall season.

Seeing the trees in mid-transition. Nothing makes me happier than seeing bright orange and reds mixed with the normal green leaves we’ve been used to seeing all summer. This little change makes such a big difference in introducing the fall season.

The fashion world is thriving. Fall brings out the classics in everyone’s wardrobe, like flannels and sweaters. Personally, I’m a huge sucker for layers because it makes me feel incredibly fashionable. Plus fall is the perfect time for layers because it won’t give me frostbite or make me start sweating profusely.

The holidays. Being together with family and friends during the holidays is a great feeling of familiarity. The holidays welcome unity and bonding, which is so peaceful when most of the year feels so chaotic because of school and work.

Crunchy leaves. Do I really need to explain this one?? You can definitely catch me around campus jumping on small piles of leaves and going out of my way to step on the leaves I think will have the loudest crunch. Yes, I’m aware that it’s a bit childish. And no, I don’t think I’ll be stopping anytime soon.

The fresh, crisp air. I don’t know what it is about this one really. Being from the Midwest, it’s just a nice change from the humidity. Nevertheless, the change in the air is tremendously refreshing, and I absolutely love it.

Comfort food. There’s nothing like it. Soups, pies, anything pumpkin flavored, apple cider donuts, I could go on and on. Personally, these feel-good foods have a strong connection with family and evoke a lot of nostalgia with my childhood. We love to see (and eat) it.

Cozy everything. The feeling of the chilly air hitting my face while I’m being warmed up in front of a fire is such a warm feeling. And when it’s too cold for bonfire, blankets and candles always do the trick to make me feel snug.

Smells of fall. Cinnamon, pumpkin, chai, apple cider, nutmeg, pine… it’s a good thing they have candles for all of those scents.

These aspects of fall are what have made me fall in love with it over the years. For me, no other season compares to it. Because what’s not to love? That being said, I’m ready to embrace the season before the drastically quick change to winter. 

Kiran Brar

Butler '22

Currently a sophomore at Butler University studying strategic communication. Love a good sunset. Frequently asking people for song recommendations.
Rae Stoffel is a senior at Butler University studying Journalism with a double minor in French and strategic communications. With an affinity for iced coffee, blazers, and the worlds worst jokes, she calls herself a witty optomistic, which can be heavily reflected in her writing. Stoffel is a Chicago native looking forward to returning to the windy city post graduation.