This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

Happy 2018 lady, friends! We’re back and better than ever (actually probably not, winter break wasn’t long enough and I spent like 95% of it watching Grey’s Anatomy and going shopping).  

During my Grey’s binges, I found myself on Pinterest quite often, and boy did I pin the shit out of some new trends.

So, without further ado, here are 10 on-trend pieces that aren’t eight billion dollars.

1. A good pair of mules

Throw these bad boys on with a pair of skinnies and a sweater, and you’re set to go!

2. A snazzy velour jumpsuit

For when you finally decide to stop wearing leggings everyday.

3. A shirt that comes with its own accessory

“Every good outfit has jewelry…” my ass!

4. Some sweet mom jeans

Comfortable, yet responsible.

5. A comfy sweater that does the talking for you

I’m talkin’ to you, Kyle from organic chemistry.

6. Who doesn’t love a double breasted checkered plaid jacket?

Checkered plaid! Checkered plaid! Checkered plaid!

7. A fun sheer mini Try and say no to this dress, I dare you.

8. The perfect throw-on fashion sneaker

You can wear ‘em with joggers, you can wear ‘em with a dress.

9. A pair of gold hoops

The perfect basic for any occasion.

10. And the ever-classic boyfriend button down

Because your boyfriend is getting really tired of you stealing all of his clothes.

I hope you found some of these pieces at least kinda cute!

Over and out ladies.

~Rae

Rae Stoffel is a senior at Butler University studying Journalism with a double minor in French and strategic communications. With an affinity for iced coffee, blazers, and the worlds worst jokes, she calls herself a witty optomistic, which can be heavily reflected in her writing. Stoffel is a Chicago native looking forward to returning to the windy city post graduation. 
Jazmine Bowens is a senior at Butler University. She is a Psychology major with a minor in Neuroscience and the Campus Corespondent for Butler University's Her Campus chapter. When she isn't in class, she's writing poetry, reading romance novels, or hanging out with her friends. Jazmine hopes to one day become an environmental lawyer and a published novelist.