ferdinand stohr NFs6dRTBgaM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ferdinand stohr NFs6dRTBgaM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fun Things to do Over Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

Fun Stuff to do During Winter Break

I know we’re all counting down the days until we’re done with our final exams for the semester. It’s so close, yet not close enough. But once winter break is here, all that awaits is a relaxing, much-needed break from academics and the stress that college brings. 

Here’s some fun stuff to do during winter break to get a break from school and get into the holiday spirit.

Christmas Lights

Christmas lights are great for getting the perfect Insta pic and even better for getting into the holiday spirit. Whether you’re viewing Christmas lights in a neighborhood or at an event with displays and attractions, the colorful lights are usually never short of being extremely extravagant. 

Holiday Movie Marathon

Cozy blankets and hot cocoa are the perfect additions to a successful movie marathon. There’s the classics, like “Elf,” “The Polar Express,” “How The Grinch Stole Christmas,” the “Home Alone” series, and many more, and there’s also winter themed movies, like the “Frozen” series, that can be added to the list of movies to watch. And if you add “Die Hard” to the list…

Ice Skating

Ice skating is a classic during the winter time. Whether you’re like me and need to stick to the sides of a skating rink to keep from falling, you’re barely short of being a pro ice skater, or you’re somewhere in between, ice skating is a great way to get a taste of winter.

Baking Desserts

What’s there not to like about baking? You can make your winter break a little sweeter with some cookies, brownies, or a unique dessert… the possibilities are endless. It’s a great way to make use of a winter day if you don’t feel like going out.

Whether your mood is better after a day out, spending a relaxing day at home, or both, there’s so many winter-related activities to do during winter break. That being said, good luck on final exams, and make the best out of your winter break!

Kiran Brar

Butler '22

Currently a sophomore at Butler University studying strategic communication. Love a good sunset. Frequently asking people for song recommendations.
Rae Stoffel is a senior at Butler University studying Journalism with a double minor in French and strategic communications. With an affinity for iced coffee, blazers, and the worlds worst jokes, she calls herself a witty optomistic, which can be heavily reflected in her writing. Stoffel is a Chicago native looking forward to returning to the windy city post graduation.