A Friday Night with Yours Truly

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

As we’ve established, I’m a grandma. So as you can imagine, my Friday nights are CRAAAAAZY!

Just kidding. I never do anything, like, ever.

Last Friday night seemed to be a bit more boring than usual, so I decided to document it for you.

It all started with a lovely binge of the new Netflix original, The Crown. One of my good friends introduced me to the series knowing that I’m a Brit obsessed history loser. Basically, the show was made for me.

So, I watched probably five or six episodes before randomly falling asleep. I have no idea what time I fell asleep, but I woke up at like 10:30 PM thinking that I’d slept through all of Saturday and freaked the fuck out (to put it lightly).

So I managed to get a hold on my life and let my inner grandma out. I grabbed some knitting needles and finally started working with the alpaca yarn my aunt got me for Christmas. I legitimately asked for fancy yarn for Christmas. I think I’ve reached maximum level of grandma.

I tuned back into The Crown (at this point obsessed with it) and knit to my heart’s content. It was a truly magical time.

I was mid stitch when I remembered I had a bearclaw sitting on top of my fridge. As any normal human, I leapt towards the fridge and acquired the bearclaw. Very proud of myself for not dropping the bearclaw in my efforts to jump back into bed.

(this is what I looked like trying to get the bearclaw)

After the lovely bearclaw experience, I headed for Buzzfeed, mainly because I have the attention span of a goldfish, and because every episode of The Crown is at least 55 minutes.

I took probably 15 quizzes. I now know that if I were a donut, I’d be a vanilla donut with rainbow sprinkles, that I should be living in prague, I’m a corgi, and that I should be dating a short, Spanish guy (apologies to my very tall, white boyfriend).

There was also one random part of the evening (pre Buzzfeed, post bearclaw retrieving) where I just started crying?? I have no idea why? I’m not on my period or near it or anything. I have literally nothing to be sad about, except for the fact that the bees are dying, but it’s fine, everything’s fine, I’m fine.

I once again recollected myself and put on my mom PJs. I proceeded to text my mom. She was out with her friends, being cool, having a much better social life than I do, but whatever it’s fine, everything’s fine, I’m fine.

Around midnight, I decided it would be a good idea to paint my nails, but I fell asleep after only painting three nails, so now I’m just hanging out with three red nails.

Basically, my night was boring as hell. I promise I’m not always this lame. I got two donuts at the donut place with some gal pals this morning, TWO WHOLE DONUTS! I’m crazy.

Friday nights with Rae… best time you’ll ever have.

Rae Stoffel is a senior at Butler University studying Journalism with a double minor in French and strategic communications. With an affinity for iced coffee, blazers, and the worlds worst jokes, she calls herself a witty optomistic, which can be heavily reflected in her writing. Stoffel is a Chicago native looking forward to returning to the windy city post graduation. 
Jazmine Bowens is a senior at Butler University. She is a Psychology major with a minor in Neuroscience and the Campus Corespondent for Butler University's Her Campus chapter. When she isn't in class, she's writing poetry, reading romance novels, or hanging out with her friends. Jazmine hopes to one day become an environmental lawyer and a published novelist.