This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

I would like to issue an official apology statement.

This week, it was announced that boat shoe-wearing Vampire Weekend man Ezra Koenig and beautiful tropical fish Rashida Jones welcomed a baby son named Isaiah on Wednesday, August 22 at 8:36 a.m. in Los Angeles. (I’m not a creep. People has the birth certificate.)

On September 6, 2018 at 9:42 p.m. in Indianapolis, I published the article “To All the (Famous) Boys* I’ve Loved Before” (an instant classic) and openly thirsted over Big Ezzy.

How could I have been so disruptive when he is a new father with a very small baby? How could I have posted such a thirsty gif of him during the first month of his son’s life? How could I have disrespected Queen Rashida like this?

“But Kait,” you ask, “Aren’t Paul Rudd and Donald Glover from your list also fathers? Didn’t you deliberately refer to Andy Samberg as a ‘hot dad?’’

Yes, I did. But it just felt wrong for a few minutes.

Here is every wise and desire I project onto the idea of baby Isaiah Jones-Koenig. (Yeah yeah, like we don’t all do this with every single baby ever created.)

• He will be a musical man.

His dad gave us “A-Punk” (the first song on everyone’s iTunes “Songs” list) and his grandfather is QUINCY GODDAMN JONES. He gave us Michael Jackson. Isaiah’s gonna be a heavy hitter.

• He will own some quality sweaters.

Back in my aforementioned Tumblr bandom days, I was part of a community very fascinated with a sweater Ezra wore dubbed the “Irish fisherman sweater.”

Also this one with dogs on it.

So yeah. Baby sweaters.

• He will stick up for what’s right.

Rashida speaks up about Time’s Up and other women’s movements all the time. Also refugees. Ezra was a Bernie Sanders stan. (Agree or not with Bernie’s politics, the guy stuck up for social justice movements.) That kid will be raised respectfully.

• He will be really really ridiculously good-looking.

Look at these people. It isn’t fair.

And here’s one more thirst gif of Hot Dad Ezra for good measure.

Kait Wilbur is an aggressively optimistic individual obsessed with sitcoms, indie music, and pop culture in general. She hails from Manito, a rural wasteland in Illinois so small and devoid of life that she took up writing to amuse herself. Kait goes to Butler University to prepare for a career in advertising, but all she really wants to do is talk about TV for a living. You can find her at any given moment with her earbuds in pretending to do homework but actually looking at surrealist memes.
Rae Stoffel is a senior at Butler University studying Journalism with a double minor in French and strategic communications. With an affinity for iced coffee, blazers, and the worlds worst jokes, she calls herself a witty optomistic, which can be heavily reflected in her writing. Stoffel is a Chicago native looking forward to returning to the windy city post graduation.