The Enneagram Types as Traditional Thanksgiving Dishes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

It’s time to crack out your Costco Cards and fancy fall air fresheners, America. Are you ready to cram your house full of guests, ridiculous amounts of food and some serious holiday cheer? Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away!

Hot take: I’m not a huge fan of traditional Thanksgiving food. Sure, I can go for it once a year, and I’m incredibly blessed to have some very talented cooks in my family- people who create every dish with love. I actually really enjoy the holiday, awkward dinner conversation and strange food aside. Plus, this is peak Food Network programming season. I hope you’re as excited as I am! To help you get into the holiday spirit, here’s a fun take on the enneagram types as traditional Thanksgiving dishes:

Type 1: The Reformer

Sweet Potato Casserole

Type 2: The Helper

Dinner Rolls

Type 3: The Achiever

Pumpkin Pie

Type 4: The Individualist

Cranberry Sauce

Type 5: The Investigator

Green Bean Casserole

Type 6: The Loyalist

Stuffing

Type 7: The Enthusiast

Mashed Potatoes

Type 8: The Challenger

Turkey

Type 9: The Peacemaker

Gravy

Happy early Turkey Day to you! Hope it’s a good one!

Emily Wray is a sophomore at Butler studying English and Creative Media. She loves John Hughes movies, cold brew, ABBA, podcasts, and storytelling. An Indianapolis native, you can contact her through email, social media, or by simply yelling a pop culture reference across a crowded room- she'll respond to most, if not all.
Rae Stoffel is a senior at Butler University studying Journalism with a double minor in French and strategic communications. With an affinity for iced coffee, blazers, and the worlds worst jokes, she calls herself a witty optomistic, which can be heavily reflected in her writing. Stoffel is a Chicago native looking forward to returning to the windy city post graduation.