This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

Welcome to Butler HC’s first ever theme week! This week we’re going through the days of the week as the Fab Five! Each day we will take on a different member of the Fab Five and share our favorites in the category!

Day 1: Bobby (Design)

What’s your favorite thing in your bedroom?

Kath: My room is my sanctuary, and I would say that I spend about 70% of my time in it. No matter where I’m living at the time, I always try to fill my space with things that make me smile and make the space cozier. You can usually find assorted blankets, pillows, fun wall-hangings, and string lights in my room. But I think my favorite thing is my essential oil diffuser for several reasons. First, it changes colors!!!!! How cute is that? Second, it makes my room smell nice and fresh and cozy. Also, the noise it makes is really relaxing. Kinda hypnotising. A close second is my bookshelf, but unfortunately since I’m living in a sorority house right now, I have no room for it. Don’t worry bookshelf, I’m coming back for you.

Grace: I’m a sucker for natural light and big windows in my rooms. Looking back at all the different dorms I’ve lived in, and my room back home, my bed has always been right next to the window. I love having the sun shine on me and feel the warm spring breeze, they’re some of my favorite memories. Back home I have the perfect view of the sunset and during golden hour my room is washed in a warm orange glow. I also love my ocean tapestries, I feel so at home and calm when I’m surrounded with water. When I come home from a long stressful day and rest in my bed and watch the sunset, it’s so beautiful and the moment feels perfect.

Rae: My favorite part of my room is my desk. I have this cute hutch that frames my file folders, desk lamp and alllll of my pictures and notebooks that I always say I’ll fill before buying another one but we both know that’s never the case.  It’s cozy and always slightly disorganized but in like an ~aesthetic~ way. There’s usually a stack of textbooks on one side of my laptop or the other, then a little desk name tag that says “boss lady.” My mom slipped it into my stocking at Christmas and I’ve been looking at it now more than ever. #grlpwr

Rebecca: I love my beddddd. I live in a senior house with a tiny bedroom, and my bed fits perfectly into a little nook in the corner. I feel like a I’m in a little cave with walls surrounding me. Honestly, most of my room is bed, but that’s the way I like it. I also have some art from one of my friends of a song lyric I love – she made it for herself and had it hanging in her dorm room during our freshman year, and I saw it and immediately claimed it.

Kait: My favorite things in my room are always cute stuff other people have gotten for me that has a backstory. For example, this is a paddle that my friend in my sorority made for me that has ALL OF THE MEN FROM MY ARTICLE ABOUT CELEBRITY CRUSHES ON IT. It was super thoughtful. So if you’re reading this, Madison, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. My other favorite decorations include a poster my high school best friend snagged from a McDonald’s launching its new honey mustard, and a plastic “Fire Chief” hat that I marked up once to become the assistant fire chief. (There were too many of us wearing Fire Chief hats, and we couldn’t ALL be the fire chief.)

Lauren: I spend way too much time in my room. It’s somewhere where I can get away from the craziness of the day, and so everything I put in my room has a purpose, be it to make me smile, have some sort of function, etc. Anyone who knows me really well knows I’m unhealthily OBSESSED with pugs. So, so many pugs. Therefore, my favorite thing in my room is the pug wave tapestry that hangs above my bed. No matter what mood I’m in, that tapestry always seems to make me smile.

Rae Stoffel is a senior at Butler University studying Journalism with a double minor in French and strategic communications. With an affinity for iced coffee, blazers, and the worlds worst jokes, she calls herself a witty optomistic, which can be heavily reflected in her writing. Stoffel is a Chicago native looking forward to returning to the windy city post graduation. 
Senior at Butler University, studying marketing. Occasional writer, constant manager of all Butler HC social media. Lover of birds, feminism, and good music. You can probably find me crying over a Tiny Kitchen video or laughing at a Vine compliation. 
Kait Wilbur is an aggressively optimistic individual obsessed with sitcoms, indie music, and pop culture in general. She hails from Manito, a rural wasteland in Illinois so small and devoid of life that she took up writing to amuse herself. Kait goes to Butler University to prepare for a career in advertising, but all she really wants to do is talk about TV for a living. You can find her at any given moment with her earbuds in pretending to do homework but actually looking at surrealist memes.
Lauren Cardo

Butler '23

Hi everyone! My name is Lauren, and I'm a camera fanatic/cat lover/chemist/ extraordinaire with two degrees and a life vision. From behind the camera to behind the fume hood, you'll always find me doing something to further myself and those around me!
Chicagoan • Butler Univ 2022 • PharmD/MBA dual degrees • car enthusiast • artist • freelance model • brand ambassador/rep/influencer • aspire to inspire • content creator • swammer • daughter/sister • Polish/Italian
Kath is a senior at Butler University and a self-identified introvert/INFJ. She's a lover of twinkly lights, christmas, cinema, music and romance. She's studying to be a high school English teacher, but her dream job is to work in a school library. She also loves hugs.