alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Best Text I’ve Ever Recieved

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

So, the other day, I was going about my own business. You know, napping, drinking coffee, knitting, the usual, when I got, quite literally, the best text I have ever received. Now, this wasn’t just like a pretty good text that made me chuckle. Nay nay friends, this was something much more than that.

I will include a screenshot of said text for your viewing pleasure.

I’m gonna give you a second to read that a few times. Really let it set in. Absorb it.

Okay, so now that you’ve had a chance to experience perhaps the greatest text of all time, I’ll give you some context/background/that sort of thing.

This is my oldest, most bestest friend in the entire world, Claire (sender of the text). I met her when I was six months old in some sort of baby yoga class or something like that.

Long story short, Claire and I often send each other really frickin weird texts describing life events or just anything in general, really.

Back to the point. So, I was sitting in bed, when all the sudden I received this text. For whatever reason, the phrase “balls deep in a grilled cheese” made me laugh harder than I have in my entire life.

Side note- I laugh at everything. I have the same sense of humor as a 13 year old boy. Make a fart joke and I’ll laugh for a solid three minutes.

So I open the text and just immediately start cackling, like the old lady we all know I am. I was laughing so frickin hard. One of my suite mates came into my room because she couldn’t tell if I was laughing or sobbing. Both. I was doing both.

After I had composed myself enough to respond to the text, she sent the concluding “as I feel like that experience really represents me in college and as a person in general”. I proceed to cackle for the minute or so after reading this.

It’s just now occurring to me that maybe like two of you at most will find this funny. To that I say, whatevs! I write what I want.

More legit writing and things that make actual sense comin at you soon. ;)

Rae Stoffel is a senior at Butler University studying Journalism with a double minor in French and strategic communications. With an affinity for iced coffee, blazers, and the worlds worst jokes, she calls herself a witty optomistic, which can be heavily reflected in her writing. Stoffel is a Chicago native looking forward to returning to the windy city post graduation. 
Jazmine Bowens is a senior at Butler University. She is a Psychology major with a minor in Neuroscience and the Campus Corespondent for Butler University's Her Campus chapter. When she isn't in class, she's writing poetry, reading romance novels, or hanging out with her friends. Jazmine hopes to one day become an environmental lawyer and a published novelist.