This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

Because I’ve found it much less terrible to study when I’m pretending that I’m the quirky heroine of an angsty indie coming-of-age film cramming for her finals, I’ve curated the perfect soundtrack for every finals week situation. Here’s six of them. 

Undergrad – Kait Wilbur 

Relatable lyric: “More scared and more inspired than I’ve ever been before / More myself and more tired with each closing door”

Listen to when: dancing around your dorm room with your roommates instead of studying for tomorrow’s cumulative accounting final.

A Very Musical Meltdown – Reb Day

Relatable lyric: “Started the new year full of optimism and inspiration / but now we’re four months in and my anxiety’s reaching desperation”

Listen to when: sending in your 14th summer internship application.

Cut Me Down – The Accidentals 

Relatable lyric: “Sunday’s just another Monday, twinged with the procrastinator’s frantic fear”

Listen to when: mentally cursing your study group member that is SO condescending when answering your perfectly valid questions.

Feels Like Summer – Weezer 

Relatable lyric: “I’m still in my bathrobe / hiding in the shadows”

Listen to when: hammocking on the mall with a Starbucks Strawberry Refresher, saying you’re writing your final paper but actually thinking about your summer plans.

Emotionally Untidy – Rachel Maria Cox

Relatable lyric: “My heart doesn’t beat so well anymore / The doctors say it’s electrolytes or not sleeping until four”

Listen to when: inexplicably crying in a bathroom on the second floor of Jordan Hall at 2 pm on a Tuesday.

This Year – The Mountain Goats

Relatable lyric: “I am gonna make it through this year if it kills me / I am gonna make it through this year if it kills me”

Listen to when: marching out of your study room in Irwin after a four-hour cramming marathon.

Hang in there, kids. You’ve got this.

Senior at Butler University, studying marketing. Occasional writer, constant manager of all Butler HC social media. Lover of birds, feminism, and good music. You can probably find me crying over a Tiny Kitchen video or laughing at a Vine compliation. 
Rae Stoffel is a senior at Butler University studying Journalism with a double minor in French and strategic communications. With an affinity for iced coffee, blazers, and the worlds worst jokes, she calls herself a witty optomistic, which can be heavily reflected in her writing. Stoffel is a Chicago native looking forward to returning to the windy city post graduation.