5 Little Things to do to Show Yourself Some Love This Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

It’s that time of year again: the flowers are beginning to bloom, 18 layers are no longer required for leaving the house, and academia is throwing every project, paper, and exam to ever exist right at your face.

These next couple of weeks are gonna be rough, sister, and there’s no denying it. So show yourself a little love with these surprisingly easy tricks to make life ~slightly~ less awful.

1. Change your sheets and towels

When was the last time you changed your sheets? How about your towels? Apparently you’re supposed to wash your sheets and towels like once a week or something like that, but if you’re anything like me, you so don’t have time (or tide pods) for that. So go do it now. Feel those soft clean sheets on your person. Trust me, you won’t regret it.   

2. Clean your makeup brushes

This is another one of those things you’re supposed to do relatively often, but I don’t because I’m a lazy shit. BUT, I did do it the other day. I literally just used liquid makeup remover and scrubbed ‘em on my hand. It worked great and they smell really good now, too! Clean makeup brushes also make for clean skin! Kill two birds with one stone!

3. Set out tomorrow’s outfit before you go to bed

Admit it. This is you like every other morning. Girl, you could be getting 20 more minutes of sleep if you just pick your outfit out ahead of time! I spend so much time in the mornings just fucking around trying to decide what to wear, especially on days when I try to look cute. I’ll stare at my clothes, pull some things, put shit back, and then end up in leggings and a sweatshirt. Again. Do yourself a solid and plan your show stopping look ahead of time.

4. Take a really long shower, exfoliate, and moisturize everything

Is there anything better than some soft bops, a glass of wine, and a 45 minute shower? No. Nope. Don’t even try to come up with something. There is literally nothing better. I asked science, and they confirmed this as well. Go get your fancy fruity exfoliator, scrub yourself down, and then give the world your best shower performance yet. Then swim in moisturizer. ALSO USE CLEAN TOWELS.

5. Get yourself a pair of those microwavable slippers

Stick these dudes in the microwave for like 30 seconds and you’ll have the toastiest damn feet on the planet. Take ‘em to class, take ‘em to work. Hell, wear ‘em to Target and have the best Target run of your life. Get them here.

Power through, ladies. Make these last few weeks your bitch. And remember to take a minute to  breathe and love yourself, even in little ways.

~Rae

Rae Stoffel is a senior at Butler University studying Journalism with a double minor in French and strategic communications. With an affinity for iced coffee, blazers, and the worlds worst jokes, she calls herself a witty optomistic, which can be heavily reflected in her writing. Stoffel is a Chicago native looking forward to returning to the windy city post graduation. 
Jazmine Bowens is a senior at Butler University. She is a Psychology major with a minor in Neuroscience and the Campus Corespondent for Butler University's Her Campus chapter. When she isn't in class, she's writing poetry, reading romance novels, or hanging out with her friends. Jazmine hopes to one day become an environmental lawyer and a published novelist.