What Does Your Zodiac Sign Say About You?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

Aquarius (January 20th-February 18th)

Element: Air

Ruled by: Uranus

An Aquarius has many unique qualities to offer. People born under the Aquarius sign are known to be friendly, loyal and independent. Friendships with an Aquarius will last a lifetime, you will always know that no matter the circumstances they will always have your back. Aquarius babies are not afraid to be themselves, they’ll never hold back on being true to who they are. You’ll always have a great time when hanging out or pursuing a relationship with an Aquarius; their eccentric perspective on life will never fail to create memories that will last a lifetime.

Celebs with Aquarius birthdays: Harry Styles, Jennifer Aniston and Emma Roberts.

Pisces (February 19th-March 20th)

Element: Water

Ruled by: Neptune

Pisces are known to have very likeable traits. Those born under the Pisces sign are known to be selfless, imaginative and compassionate. Pisces’ are very creative people, they never shy away from expressing themselves as well as their dreams. The dreamy nature of the sign makes it much more known that people born under Pisces are in touch with their sensitive side as well emotionally aware of who they are as a person.  

Celebs with Pisces birthdays: Rihanna, Justin Bieber and Eva Longoria.

Aries (March 21st-April 19th)

Element: Fire

Ruled by: Mars

Aries are known to have many dynamic traits. People who are born under the Aries sign are usually known to be adventurous, energetic and enthusiastic. The eagerness found in an Aries makes them very passionate about all aspects of their lives, whether it be their love life, friendships or professional life, you will always find an Aries wholeheartedly involved in whatever it is that their doing. Whether you’re looking to pursue a relationship with an Aries or find yourself friends with someone born under the sign, you can always count on them to make your day much more exciting.

Celebs with Aries birthdays: Emma Watson, Shay Mitchell and Kourtney Kardashian.

Taurus (April 20th-May 20th)

Element: Earth

Ruled by: Venus

A Taurus is known to have very bold, powerful traits. Those born under the sign are known to be determined, warmhearted and reliable. One of the most driven signs, Taurus babies know what they want and where they want to be and are willing to take on anything life throws at them in order to reach their goal. Although known to be stubborn, a Taurus puts their whole heart into everything they do and are extremely passionate about who and what they love.

Celebs with Taurus birthdays: Jessica Alba, David Beckham and Megan Fox.

Gemini (May 21st-June 20th)

Element: Air

Ruled by: Mercury

Geminis are known to be very open minded and affectionate people. People who are born under the Gemini sign have the ability to learn very quickly causing them to like to exchange ideas with those around them. Geminis are known to be “talkers”, making them able to get along with people who are similar to themselves but also very different from themselves. Geminis are similar to Pisces’ in the sense that they are never afraid to express their true self, making sure to live their life to it’s fullest potential.

Celebs with Gemini birthdays: Angelina Jolie, Dave Franco and Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen.

Cancer (June 21st-July 22nd)

Element: Water

Ruled by: Moon

Cancers are known to be extremely imaginative and very loyal. If your friends with a Cancer or in a relationship with a Cancer, you know that they will support you no matter what your endeavors consist of, even though they’ll be very honest and give you their opinion, they will still have your back and support you through all of the ups and all of the downs. Those born under the Cancer sign have been known to have a very loving nature. Cancers love with their whole heart and do not let anyone or anything get in the way of that.  

Celebs with Cancer birthdays: Selena Gomez, Khloe Kardashian and Ariana Grande.

Leo (July 23rd-August 22nd)

Element: Fire

Ruled by: The Sun

Leos are known to be extremely warm-hearted and generous. Those born under the Leo sign will do just about anything for those they love, and care for them endlessly. Leos are very charismatic and enthusiastic; they like to have a good time when they’re out with friends and don’t mind being the center of attention while doing so. Leos are also known to take charge and be the leader of their friends, always making the final decision on where to go or what to do when everyone else is too indecisive to pick.

Celebs with Leo birthdays: Kylie Jenner, Dylan and Cole Sprouse and Cara Delevigne.

Virgo (August 23rd-September 22nd)

Element: Earth

Ruled by: Mercury

Virgos are known to be the most misunderstood sign, and girl let me tell you, being a Virgo, I can absolutely relate to this. Virgos can come off as stand offish when in new situations surrounded by new people; but the truth is, is that Virgos do not always open up until they feel 100% comfortable around you and know that they can be their true, open self and love with their whole heart. Their down to earth, reserved personality draws people to Virgos to lean on when they need advice, being that Virgos tend to be great advice givers, knowing exactly what to say and how to say it.

Celebs with Virgo birthdays: Zendaya, Blake Lively and the queen herself, Beyoncé.

Libra (September 23rd-October 22nd)

Element: Air

Ruled by: Venus

Libras are known to be extremely strong and able to take on anything life throws at them. Libras are strong minded but also have a softer, caring and loving side to them, willing to love with their whole heart. Libras are also known to be very sociable, who enjoy quality time with their friends and family. Those born under the Libra sign are also known for being very creative and expressive, making them very in touch with their artistic side.

Celebs with Libra birthdays: Hilary Duff, Kim Kardashian and Zac Efron.

Scorpio (October 23rd-November 21st)

Element: Water

Ruled by: Pluto

Scorpios are known to be the “fiercest” of the zodiacs. Often times Scorpios may be misunderstood or underestimated due to their more secretive nature. Those born under the Scorpio sign are known to be passionate, determined and loyal to whom they trust. Whether it be a hobby, profession or relationship prospect a Scorpio decides to seek, you will always find them being sure to put their best foot forward while loving whole heartedly and exuding joy that comes with following their passion.

Celebs with Scorpio birthdays: Leonardo DiCaprio, Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling.

Sagittarius (November 22nd-December 21st)

Element: Fire

Ruled by: Jupiter

Sagittarius’ are known to be charismatic, energetic and optimistic. People born under the Sagittarius sign often times known to have a fiery personality, making them extremely adventurous and playful. If friends with a Sagittarius, you know you are guaranteed to never have a boring night; a Sagittarius will always be down for a new adventure no matter what it may be. Sagittarius’ are known to be very “real” and will always be willing to give you their honest opinion.

Celebs with Sagittarius birthdays: Miley Cyrus, Vanessa Hudgens and Hailee Steinfeld.

Capricorn (December 22nd-January 19th)

Element: Earth

Ruled by: Saturn

Capricorns have been known to be practical, patient and reserved. Those born under the Capricorn sign are not afraid to set very high goals for themselves, due to their driven, ambitious nature. Their professional lives are one of the top priorities in the life of a Capricorn. Being an Earth element, like Taurus and Virgo, they find themselves very grounded and practical; taking on life with a practical, realistic perspective. Capricorns are also known to be very helpful, willing to do anything for those close to them as well as for those whom they have never met before

Celebs with Capricorn birthdays: Kate Middleton, Nina Dobrev and Liam Hemsworth.

Sarina LoJacono is currently a senior at the University at Buffalo, majoring in communication. Besides attending school, she is also a manager at Alex and Ani Buffalo. She was born and raised in Buffalo, New York and loves everything the city has to offer. She is obsessed with everything and anything that has to do with fashion and beauty and aspires to be working in the industry one day. In her free time you can find her going out with friends, shopping or watching 10 Things I Hate About You over and over again. She is excited to take on whatever life has to offer!