galentine\'s day party
galentine\'s day party
Krista Stucchio
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

February 14 can be a day you look forward to or dread, no in between. This year, I will be spending Valentine’s day alone for the first time in a few years. Instead of being negative and feeling upset and lonely about this upcoming holiday, I’ve decided to look at the positives. Not all single people are unhappy, lonely, or just looking for a relationship. This past year I have come to realize that being single may be the best thing for me at this point of my life. I realized I was relying on my relationship for a majority of my happiness, when my relationship ended, I felt like my world ended along with it. This year I have come to be more independent and focused on my growth as a person. I think this year has been the greatest in finding myself and realizing that I need to be happy on my own and love myself before I bring someone else into my life. I learned that my significant other should supplement my happiness, not be the source of my happiness. If you truly believe this and work to better yourself you will find yourself much happier when you meet your soulmate, and you will also find that there will be less complications in the relationship if you both go into it knowing that you don’t NEED each other to be successful and happy. So instead of dwelling on the fact that you don’t have a significant other, spend the day with your girls and having fun, or with family! 

13 going on 30 gif
Giphy