This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

Valentine’s Day is a special occasion for couples to celebrate their love and affection for each other. While some choose to go out for a fancy dinner or a romantic getaway, others prefer to spend the day in a more low-key and intimate manner. No matter what your preferences are, what matters most is that you spend quality time with your significant other and make the day special for both of you.

Here are a few ideas for what you and your significant other can do for Valentine’s Day:

DInner date

A dinner date is a classic and timeless way to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Whether it’s a fancy night out at a five-star restaurant or a cozy night in with takeout, a dinner date allows you to sit down, enjoy a meal together and have a meaningful conversation.

• Choose a special restaurant: If you’re going out, pick a restaurant that has a romantic ambiance, whether it’s a cozy Italian bistro or a chic French brasserie. If you prefer to stay in, order your favorite takeout or cook a special meal together.
  • Set the mood: Light some candles, put on some soft music, and create a romantic atmosphere. This will help you both feel relaxed and special.
  • Focus on each other: Put away your phones and other distractions, and take the time to truly connect with each other. Share stories, have meaningful conversations and enjoy each other’s company.
  • Make it a surprise: If you want to make the day extra special, plan a surprise for your significant other. This could be anything from a special dessert, a small gift, or a special activity after dinner.
A home-cooked meal

If you’re not a fan of crowded restaurants, consider staying in and cooking a special meal together. You can choose your favorite recipes, light some candles and create a cozy atmosphere at home. This will give you the opportunity to bond over a shared experience and enjoy each other’s company without distractions.

A movie night

Cuddle up on the couch and watch a movie together. You can choose a romantic film or something lighthearted and fun. Don’t forget the popcorn!

A spa day

Treat yourselves to a relaxing day at the spa. Get massages, facials and enjoy some quiet time together. This is a great way to de-stress and unwind after a busy week.

No matter what you choose to do, the most important thing is to make sure that you and your significant other have a wonderful and memorable Valentine’s Day. Show your appreciation for each other and make the day special with your own unique touch.

Alisha Khan

Buffalo '23

Alisha Khan is a senior, she is currently majoring in Biomedical Science. She is on the Pre-med track and eventually, she would like to go to Medical School and pursue a career in the medical field. She enjoys spending time with her friends and family, as well as watching Netflix in her free time.