This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

Growing up as a muslim women in today’s day in age, i’ve found it very difficult to stay in the loop of being fashionable while still looking modest. It’s almost like the things that are trendy and in style, are more and more revealing each year. And I have to admit, it is pretty difficult these days to find clothes that don’t show your shoulders, midriff, back, or cleavage. Especially around this time of year when it’s unbearably hot.

Of course, it’s not hard to come up with a modest outfit in your head but what’s difficult is being able to find the item in the store, that fits all your requirements. Over the years, I have found some great places to shop, and i’m here to share them with you. The one big thing that gets me far is shopping in the boys section, yes i said it. The style between men and women is very similar these days, and the guys section has it all – without the open back or deep cleavage. I love to go into the guys section for graphic tees. They’re big enough to cover your butt- and they look cute oversized too.

Another tip is to shop in the ‘basics’ section. I found it much more successful purchasing basics and styling things together myself. Even if it’s from just wearing a plain white v neck, black jeans, and a nice pair of sneakers. Or simply just layering things together.

Recently, major companies like American Eagle and Abercrombie, have started producing ripped jeans with patches in them. I remember always feeling left out, when I had to make sure any pair i bought couldn’t have a single rip. Now, i see everyone wearing these jeans.