This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

With spring break arriving it’s easy to forget what you have to pack and what you have to do. Here are some easy tips to have a smooth break!

1. Make a checklist of everything you need

Make sure you prepare for the weather ahead of time and bring extra stuff if can fit it. It’s better to make mroe than pack less and be left empty handed. I usually pack things by going over what I use on the daily and then some extra! If you are going somewhre tropical you should bring some clothes just in case you have a chilly night.

2. Set boundaries with your friends.

If you are going on vacation with your friends for the first time you will see a completely different side to them. You’ll be spending practically every second with them and being on vacation makes people act different sometimes. To avoid this from happening make sure youtalk to your friends ahead of time and make sure everyone is on the same page. It can be easy to change plans while there, but as long as everyone is on the same page it can make the trip a lot smoother 

3.If you are travelling to a different country, know the laws.

Again, everyone acts different on vacation, but getting in trouble for it would suck. Look at the drinking/smoking laws beforehand so you don’t have to get in trouble in international borders. Make sure you always have your passport on you and keep what you really need with you at all times.

4.Bring medicine with you

Being sick on vacation is the worst. No one wants to sit in the hotel being sick while everyone else is having fun. Bring things like painkillers, Emergen-C and antacids. It seems like a lot but going to a new place and eating new foods and constantly drinking might affect you in ways you didn’t realize.

5. Don’t do things to prep for vacation if you’ve never done it before

Everyone wants to look their best for vacation so you might do things that your friends recomend. Like getting a full wax even if you’ve never gotten waxed before. I know it seems easy but not everyones skin reacts the same way and you might walk around vacation time in pain because your skin didn’t get time to get used to it. Some people like to get some lightening in their hair before travelling too. If you know what you want then go for it, but if you ever lightened your hair before you’ll know sometimes it’s not the way you want, so be cautious!

Have a safe spring break!