stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

After another long, busy semester, Summer is finally here! Summer is the perfect time to practice self-care. Whether your working at a Summer job, taking up an internship or simply relaxing, there are several ways to treat yourself this Summer.

Create a workout routine

• Now that the dreary Winter is over, we no longer have to be trapped indoors. With warmer weather, there’s plenty of ways to be active outside. You can take up running, go for a hike or a bike ride in the park. If being outside isn’t your thing, you can take a class at your local gym. Yoga and meditation is another way to become in tune with your body.

Make a Summer playlist

• Create a playlist and add all your favorite, upbeat songs. This can be a go-to playlist for your ride to work, working out or chilling by the pool. They’ll get you pumped up and into the Summer mood.

Detach from technology

• It’s easy to mindlessly scroll through social media during the Summer. Just putting down your phone for a couple of hours during the day can improve your mood and ease your mind. Making a habit of taking breaks from your phone can be useful when school starts back up.

Create a skincare routine

• Treat yourself with glowing skin by updating your skin care regimen for the Summer. Using a cleanser and moisturizer will be helpful to combat the humid weather. It’s also important to wear sunscreen, especially if you know you’ll be out in the sun for a long period of time.

Reflect

• Summer is a good time to plan out the upcoming semester and create new goals. It can also help to reflect on what worked and what didn’t work this past semester. What do you want to accomplish for the upcoming school year? How can you incorporate self-care into your schedule? Writing this down in a journal can help you commit to your goals. Doing this reflection will ensure a smooth transition from Summer to Fall semester.

Have a relaxing Summer, you earned it!

Ann Malcolm

Buffalo '22

Hello, my name is Ann! I'm currently a sophomore at the University at Buffalo, majoring in social sciences. Some of my favorite things include my best friends, coffee, music and exploring new places.