This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

I’m sure many of us have heard the unfortunate news of the passing of Jarad Anthony Higgins, better known as Juice WRLD. It is known that he passed away due to a seizure that occurred while landing in his hometown at Chicago Midway Airport. It was assumed that the seizure was an effect of the numerous drugs he was known to consume that he frequently discussed in his music. 

Now almost 2 days later after much investigation there is evidence that his death may not have been accidental. According to Chicago Tribune, “The search turned up 41 “vaccuum-sealed” bags of marijuana, six bottles of prescription codeine cough syrup, two 9 mm pistols, a .40 caliber pistol, a high capacity ammunition magazine and metal-piercing bullets.” If Higgins was caught with this items on him it could lead to atleast 35 years in prison.

Rumor has it that Higgins was informed that someone had snitched on him carrying the illegal substances and items, knowing the jail time it could lead to, he intentionally consumed the drugs which ultimately lead to his death. 

Again, nothing is confirmed and this is just one of the many rumors/theories that are going around the internet regarding his death. 

RIP JuiceWRLD.