This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

Being in 5 online classes can be extremely difficult to keep track of, especially if you’re just winging it. From club meetings, studying with friends, projects and exams, doctor’s appointments, etc., it’s necessary to keep everything organized to avoid any mishaps, and that is where buying a planner becomes the perfect option. 

Personally, I always struggled with keeping up with the same planner. I often got bored with it or sought out something that was aesthetically pleasing and actually made me want to use it every day. Some may say that that’s a tough task for a planner, but Emma Chamberlain most definitely delivered when creating The Ideal Planner. Here are some selling points:

The design:

The planner is very similar to a hardcover binder, with pages that you can easily rip out if needed (without damaging the book itself). It is the perfect size for me and doesn’t take up too much space in my bookbag or my purse when I bring it along. It is also beautifully decorated, inside and out with a unique blue, black, and white color scheme. 

DIY month view

The months and days are undated, so you can start from whatever month/day/year and take it from there. It is extremely helpful because this prolongs the life of the planner by giving me the option to have the start and endpoint of my choosing and it also encourages me to continue using it until I finish. It’s simply timeless.

Activities! 

Honestly, my favorite part of the planner is the activity pages that are included in between each month. There are so many fun activities to do that you would definitely not expect in a regular planner, like coloring pages, crosswords, word searches, self-portraits, an astrology page and so much more. These pages definitely spice up the planner because a lot of the activity pages are thought-provoking or simply a cool way to personalize your own ideal planner.

From the creator herself: 

If you are interested to hear from Emma herself about how and why this planner came to life, watch this access interview.

I can honestly say I never thought I would feel this way about a planner. I usually have a hard time sticking to the ones I bought in the past but this one is different. Every time I use my planner, I fall in love with it more and I have been much more organized and conscious of how productive I am since I began using it. To buy your own Ideal Planner, click here and to check out some reviews of the Ideal Planner, you can check out Bella Comellini and Morgan Green’s video reviews of it.

A UB student double majoring in Psychology and Criminology, activist, coffee enthusiast, music and fashion lover. She loves using Her Campus as a medium to express her many passions, from self-care, fashion, movies, and books to activism, criminology and psychology.