This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

Here is a list of things that have been at the top of my favorites list this month:

Song – Clouded by Brent Faiyaz 

“Each memory has a soundtrack of its own” 

Some of my favorite moments from this semester feature this song. I was first introduced to it by my one of my best friends, Marie, who probably is the biggest Brent Faiyaz stan to ever exist, and immediately fell in love with it. Not only is the song a masterpiece, filled with carefully crafted lyrics and amazing music, but it reminds me of many, many happy memories of my friends and I this semester, from us just vibing to full blown concerts. Although the song is only 1 min and 50 seconds, I can guarantee that you will replay it at least two times. Listen here.

Book – The Feminist Persuasion by Megan Wolitzer

I have been challenging myself to pick out and actively read more since the beginning of the semester. When I was younger, I used to read A LOT. Reading was an escape, like watching T.V. without watching it. As I’ve gotten older, I realized that I haven’t been actively making time to read since I am always busy.  So I decided to choose a book that appealed to me the most at the bookstore and finish reading it by the end of the year. This book is definitely interesting and relatable so far, especially since the main character is a girl who is beginning her freshman year of college and is going through very similar emotions to mine at that time.

IG Post – Barack Obama 

My forever president, Barack Obama, wrote this beautifully worded Instagram post about his family growing up and now, and how he approached fatherhood due to his father’s absence during his own childhood. This post explained why he dedicated his memoir, A Promised Land, to his beautiful daughters Sasha and Malia and his amazing wife, Michelle. To check out his memoir, click here.

Outfit 

On Instagram, I saw this outfit worn by Garcelle Beauvais, in ‘The Jamie Foxx Show’ in 1997, and fell in love with everything about it, so I decided to replicate it. I paired my top and scarf with these black jeans, my white Air Force 1’s, and my mini purse. Scrolling through Instagram, Tiktok, and Pinterest, I find a variety of different outfits that I like and am inspired by, and through doing that I learned more about myself and my fashion sense.

TikTok – The Wildcat Ridge Animal Sanctuary 

This TikTok video is literally the cutest and funniest thing I have seen this month. It’s a video of a keeper at the Wildcat Ridge Animal Sanctuary asking the wild cats what they want to eat for breakfast with the mini microphone (the second clip is definitely my favorite). It is a 10/10 video that has been shown to all of my friends. For an extra dose of serotonin, click here.

A UB student double majoring in Psychology and Criminology, activist, coffee enthusiast, music and fashion lover. She loves using Her Campus as a medium to express her many passions, from self-care, fashion, movies, and books to activism, criminology and psychology.