This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

Taylor Swift recently re-released her hit song “Love Story” and it’s taking the media by storm. According to CNN, Taylor Swift does not technically own any of her early songs including her most successful album, “Fearless”. Her old record label, Big Machine Records, owns the master rights. In July 2019, Big Machine Records was sold to the manager Scooter Braun, who is very famous, especially for working with artists Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, and Kanye West. After this big change Swift decided to re-record and re-release her old albums. 

If you aren’t familiar with the West-Swift drama, Taylor and Kanye are not exactly friends. Because of all of this drama, Swift was less than eager to have Scooter Braun basically own her and her music. Their beef stretches across years, starting when Swift won a VMA Award. West got on stage and took the mic from her saying how Beyonce deserved the award and not her. The problem got bigger when West released the music video for the song “Famous” and it showed a nude Taylor Swift look alike. But not all celebrities are feuding with Swift, Selena Gomez posted on her Instagram story about how proud she is of Taylor. Selena Gomez has been friends with Taylor for over 13 years and it shows in this heartfelt Instagram post. 

Taylor’s quarantine has been an eventful one. She released “Folklore” in July and “Evermore” in December. To wrap up an eventful eight months, Taylor tweeted this on Thursday morning, “I’m thrilled to tell you that my new version of Fearless (Taylor’s Version) is done and will be with you soon. It has 26 songs including 6 never before released songs from the vault. Love Story (Taylor’s Version) will be out tonight.” “Fearless” is set to be released April 9th, but Taylor gave the fans a little treat and released “Love Story” early. The song is now titled “Love Story (Taylor’s Version)”, which is a call out to Big Machine Records. On its first day on Spotify, it got over 7 million streams. Taylor also tweeted in response to this, “Hey guys so who’s gonna tell 18 year old me that our love story would still be going strong all these years later? Thanks for the ways you fill my life with love 24/7, every damn day. Happy Valentines Day”. 

Swift has always attributed her success to her fans. She’s always had a great relationship with the fan base and Swifties have stayed loyal back. Swift is very active with fans on social media, especially on Tumblr. Another way she has interacted with fans was with her “Secret Sessions”. This is where she would invite fans to her home ahead of an album release and let them listen to it and then answer some of their questions. This has led to millions of people who love her and have supported her throughout the years. 

The re-release of one of Swift’s most famous songs will usher in a new but familiar era of early Taylor. If you haven’t listened to “Love Story (Taylor’s Version) you better add it to your playlist. This new version is definitely a little more pop than the original country song but it is amazing nonetheless. Now when you listen to these new versions you are supporting and listening to all of Taylor. You better open up Spotify or Apple Music and play this song ASAP! Go and relive your childhood with this amazing song.

Isabella is a Junior at University at Buffalo studying History Education and this is her second year in Her Campus. Her many passions include rainy days, reading, and hot coffee.