This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

This week’s Member Monday I interviewed Her Campus member Mia Roffman. You can find out more about her by following her Instagram @smia.smeages or her Twitter @smiasmee.

Tell me about yourself

“Hello, my name is Mia, I’m from Albany, New York. I am a sophomore at UB and this is my first year here as I transferred.”

What’s your major and why did you choose it?

“My major is English Adolescent Education and I chose it because I have a lot of ideas on how to teach an English class. I have always wanted to go into a field where I can help people and make a difference in their lives.”

Since you haven’t been on Her Campus long, what made you decide to join? 

“I decided to join when I heard about the club from a friend. I wanted to join a club and this club has a main component of writing, which would be helpful for my major. “

What are you excited about for your future in Her Campus? 

“I am excited to make new friends and write some good articles.”

What do you enjoy writing about?

“I enjoy writing about nature, movies, and fun activities.”

What made you choose UB?

“I chose UB because it has a great Education Department and is one of the best public colleges in our country.”

Do you like UB so far?

“I am absolutely loving my time here at UB. I have made some great new friends, as well as connecting with friends I went to school with back at home. I love all of my classes and have great professors.”

What do you do in your free time?

“In my free time I like to spend time with my friends. Whether it’s going out one night or staying in and watching movies, I love to be with friends.”

How do you manage the stress of school and extracurriculars? 

“I like to get my schoolwork done in our campus libraries so that I know I won’t be distracted and will get the work done. I will also do some light home work after I am done working at my job.”

Where do you see yourself in ten years? 

“In ten years I envision myself as a teacher in a public school classroom, teaching students in an English class.”

Isabella is a Junior at University at Buffalo studying History Education and this is her second year in Her Campus. Her many passions include rainy days, reading, and hot coffee.