This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

Her Campus does not recommend or promote the use of any illegal drugs or substances. 

Say no to drugs, please. On the other hand, if you are thinking about doing this drug or any other psychedelic drugs please use them with caution and do your research beforehand. Also, know that everyone’s experience is different, and you could potentially have a bad one. I interviewed a couple of people who took this drug and here are their experiences: 

1. The experience is very hard to explain with words, but here it goes. It’s as though I unlocked a door in my brain and gained the ability to control different things. I felt detached from reality or whatever this is. It felt as though my brain and every thought I’ve had or could’ve had happened all at once, and I couldn’t hide from myself anymore. I felt like I was on a quest to find my deepest truth. It felt as though my mind was expanding by the minute. Ideals that I didn’t want to let go of, attachments, mindsets that held me back, and my one-sided beliefs about reality were confronted. Throughout the whole experience, I felt stripped and vulnerable. I would not recommend it to anybody. It’s not something to play with it’s a very serious experience. I have witnessed people’s minds “break”. They lost their sense of individuality, and some realized that their whole life is a lie. After trying it and going back to the life you were living before is a difficult transition. My experience is my own. I don’t think anyone could have the same one as me. It doesn’t give you knowledge, it depends on who you are as a person. I asked myself the questions and opened the door to my own consciousness. 

2.  I went outside and figured out that every word I was saying was being recorded in a library across the world. I chased the sun for a bit and realized that I needed to go into the woods. I figured out the big bang theory and the meaning of life. Each tree and everyone’s path was different. I felt like the universe finally made sense to me.  I would recommend it. Just prepare yourself before you take it. Put yourself in the right mindset once you have a slither of doubt you open the door to a bad trip. Know yourself before you take the drug emotion wise.

3. It felt like I had the center of the universe in my core. My perception of temperature and time was also distorted. I ended up having a profound emotional and spiritual revelations. I came to a lot of personal conclusions, a lot of shortcomings that I have were addressed. I couldn’t eat because the food texture was overwhelming.  I would recommend it to anybody. You have to make sure you are in the right setting and are in a comfortable environment. It’s like having a date with yourself. Make sure you have good people around you and be prepared for the next day. 

Kayla Dunn

Buffalo '21

Hola! My name is Kayla Dunn. I'm a junior here at University at Buffalo. Some of my hobbies include dancing, cheerleading, and reading books.