This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

Her Campus does not recommend or promote the use of any illegal drugs or substances. 

Recommend to Watch: Wormwood (Netflix), The Mind Explained, Psychedelics Episode (Netflix)

LSD is an illegal psychedelic drug. It is extremely potent and alters the mind in unexpected ways. According to the DEA, LSD is a Schedule 1 drug, meaning it has a high potential for abuse. LSD blurs the line between perception and imagination. The effects of the drug are highly influenced by the user’s mindset, surroundings, stress level, expectations, thoughts, and mood. There have been reports of people “hearing” colors and “seeing” sounds. 

Short-term effects include sleeplessness, reduced appetite, dry mouth, sweating, and numbness. Other effects include hallucinations, distorted visual perception of shapes, colors, altered sounds, anxiety and depression, rapid heart rate, increased body temperature, high blood pressure, and dilated pupils. Long term effects include severe psychosis, flashbacks (a return of the “trip” experience) days or months later, hallucinations, and dependence on the drug. It is possible to overdose and die from LSD.

Kayla Dunn

Buffalo '21

Hola! My name is Kayla Dunn. I'm a junior here at University at Buffalo. Some of my hobbies include dancing, cheerleading, and reading books.