Love Yourself Before It’s Too Late

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

We get so caught up in the wrong things. Boys, fake friends, trying to impress people, and trying to be better than others. Try to be better than the person you were yesterday, a week ago or even a month ago. At the end of the day, you are the only person who is with you for the longest amount of time. You may not know yourself fully, but you deserve to. You deserve to look in the mirror and feel like a million bucks. You deserve to feel confident every day of your life. I used to be in love…. but never with myself.  I started falling in love with myself a few months ago and that’s when I started finding a purpose in my life. I can’t stress enough how important it is what you think of yourself. Go out, stay home, eat whatever you want. If you want to get drunk every weekend and that makes you happy then do it. If you want to stay at home with your dog and watch sappy movies then do it. Live life how you want to. Create a bucket list. Write down the craziest things that you want to do. Don’t even tell anyone about it, just start living.  This life is going to pass by so fast and you will continue to waste time if you get caught up in things that won’t matter months from now. I wasted time when I  didn’t love myself. How sad would it be if you’re 90 years old looking back at your life and realizing that you didn’t live for yourself? Don’t make that mistake. Life is beautiful. Beauty is within you. Find yourself, love yourself and that’s when you will truly experience this beautiful life that you have.