Career > Her20s

Life in college, senior year, and what comes after!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

We all know college isn’t easy, and it seems like we can’t evade the pressure but here are some easy steps you can take to enjoy your college experience while preparing yourself for what comes next.

• Freshman year: I recommend joining a club. It’s a great way to make friends outside of your major. This year is all about trial and error, learning good study habits, and readjusting to your new life. 

• Sophomore year: Try to get an internship or join a research team to get some experience under your belt. In the long run this is what can help set you apart from other applicants when applying for graduate school or any pre-professional schools. 

• Junior year: Make sure to keep up with your grades and stay committed to all prior extracurricular activities. Consistency is key and long term commitment speaks for itself. This is also the time to start thinking about recommendation letters and looking up what schools you might be interested in.

Senior year: Finish it all off with a bang. Study hard finish off strong, and apply to all the schools you have looked into in depth. As important as your academics are make sure to enjoy and cherish the last few events and occasions you can participate in before you graduate.

Nancy Acosta

Buffalo '20

Nancy is currently a Junior here at the University at Buffalo and is Campus Correspondent for the UBHC Chapter. She is majoring in Communications with a dual minor in International Trade/Geography and Political Science.