This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

Everyone has stress. Some people just don’t know how to deal with it  or ignore it and it ends up catching up with them. The best way to avoid too much stress is to organize your time. If your stressed about academics and social life find a balance. This might take awhile but once you find a good balance it eliminates a lot of stress from your life.

If it’s not about finding a balance and more about how much work you have, crying is the best stress reliever. Once you have a good, screaming cry you might just feel better. You shouldn’t be crying constantly but a good cry once a month can flush the stress out your system. 

When you reach the end of the weekend you might have been stressed from the previous week, go out with your friends and have a really good time. You did a week of work, school etc. It’s okay to take a night for yourself and hangout with your friends.

Just know stress is completely normal, but if you ever feel it’s getting too much, talk to someone about it. Your mental health should be placed above everything and if you feel like too much is going on it’s okay to take a break.