This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

I know it’s coronatime, so there won’t be any Halloween parties this year.  Although you can still dress up for fun with your family or roommate(s) and stay inside for a spooky Halloween movie night!

A Handmaid from The Handmaid’s Tale

I love the idea of this as a Halloween costume because it is very modifiable!  If you were going for a more frightening look, you could put fake blood and gashes on your face.  If you haven’t already, I recommend watching the series The Handmaid’s Tale on Hulu.  It is such an intense, jaw-dropping T.V. series and you can’t stop watching!  Also with our current political climate, this costume makes a clear statement…

Walt and Jesse from Breaking Bad

Yes, yet another T.V. series Halloween costume.  Once again, if you haven’t seen Breaking Bad on Netflix, you’re missing out!  This show also keeps you on the edge of your seat.  There are two options with this costume: You and a friend can either dress up as Walt and Jesse in their normal day-to-day clothes, or you can dress up as them with their lab suits and goggles on!  You can also buy a bald cap for Walt’s character to really tie the fit together.  Another option on top of that is to make your own little baggies of “blue meth” for a prop!

Tiger King

Yet another iconic television series!  Since this came out in 2020, why not use it as a costume for Halloween 2020?!  You can draw on the beard, mustache, and his piercings.  To spice it up, here is the well-known sequence shirt that Joe wears.  You can even carry around a stuffed animal tiger to really tie it all together!

Cher, Dionne, and Tai from Clueless

This is a costume you could either do by yourself or with friends!  The outfits are super cute which is a plus.  You can either go out and buy a costume or pick one of their outfits from the movie and grab what you have laying around the house and make a DIY costume!

I hope this helped you with your ideas of what you would like to be for Halloween!  Make sure to be safe and social distance.  Sit back, relax, put on a Halloween movie, and stuff your face with candy!  I hope you all enjoy it :)

Katie is the president and chapter correspondent of the Her Campus Buffalo chapter and a junior at the University at Buffalo studying psychology and political science. She loves to write about current events, politics, how to manage college life, and much more! She plans on using this platform to speak her mind and make a difference at UB.