danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career

Changing your major

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

Coming into college can be an overwhelming thing, you may believe you want to be a doctor then realize that science isn’t your thing. Thats okay! People change their majors all the time and even get to their senior year and realize they want something else. Here are some tips to help you make up your mind:

1.Enroll in classes from both majors your debating between. Based on your grades it may help you decide which you would excel in.

2. Do your research on both. Look up jobs you could get with that degree, what it requires, and watch videos on other people’s experiences.

3.Talk to your advisor. Plan out what classes you would have to take and speak to people who have are in that major.

4. Consider double majoring if you like both majors. One could even be a minor.

5. If you do decide that changing your major is what you want to do know that starting over and going through school at your own pace is okay.

Ariel Fox

Buffalo '20

Hi my name is Ariel Fox. I am a Biological Science major with a passion in genetics. I enjoy writing tips and tricks columns including everything from girly hobbies to day to day advice.