This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

Happy Black History Month! Feb. is a time to honor Black history, support Black artists and entrepreneurs, and celebrate Black excellence. We can and should be doing this all year, but it’s nice to use this month as an opportunity to branch out and find new ways to do so. In Buffalo, we are fortunate to have SO many incredible Black-Owned businesses – here are a few to check out this month and beyond:

1. PAUSA Art House

Looking for a classy night out with the girls or your partner? PAUSA Art House is a jazz, wine and tapas bar in Allentown with one of the best menus for small bites. They feature live music every weekend and even take booking requests for any musicians out there 👀

2. Elle James Decor

Calling all the spiritual girlies! Elle James Decor sells sustainably and ethically sourced sage, palo santo, incense, crystals and home decor. Grab everything you need to clear your physical and mental space for just around $5 or $10 and have peace of mind knowing it’s hand-crafted locally and responsibly sourced. You can shop online, at their shop on Hertel Ave., or in local shops like heart fire yoga or Lexington Co-Op.

3. Abyssinia Ethiopian Cuisine

If you’re ready to try something new, you have to grab some authentic Ethiopian food from this spot on Grant St! All of their meals are less than $13 and feature tons of vegan and non-vegan options. This is one of my all-time favorite spots in Buffalo – stop by and try the Tikil Gomen (thank me later).

4. Caribbean Flava Inc.

Speaking of authentic food you need to try… Caribbean Flava’s authentic Jamaican food is TO DIE FOR. You can’t go wrong with their jerk chicken, fried plantains or rice and beans. They are located in Niagara Falls, but it is so worth the trip (or delivery if you can’t get out there!).

5. Serene Candles by Mia

‘Tis the season to step up your self-care game and you know what that means: candles. These natural, hand-poured candles are the best alternative to your typical headache-inducing scents from Bath & Body Works. At $16 per candle, they’re cheaper, too! With scents like “Tranquility,” “The Getaway,” and “My Peace,” these are the perfect addition to your self-care routine.

Be sure to check out these businesses and the hundreds of others here in Buffalo this month and beyond. Between the food, shops, and other businesses, it will take you all four years of college to get to them all 😉

Khrystina is a first-year grad student, earning her Master's in Social Work. She's written for a variety of audiences throughout her academic and professional careers on topics ranging from mental health to travel guides. She's passionate about wellness, sustainability, food, her cats, books, and love. ❤️