This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

Romance movies are my guilty pleasure. I do not care what people think. I am very passionate and I have very strong opinions on many romances. Here is my comprehensive list of the best romantic movies to get you through the holiday season. 

The Notebook

This may be very cliche but I love The Notebook. It is such a classic romance movie and a little spoiler alert but it has such a heart wrenching but perfect ending. The Notebook is one of the first romance movies I watched and it still is one of my favorites. Perfect for a chill Valentine’s Day.

Dirty Dancing

A classic 80’s romance movie, Dirty Dancing is one of the most famous romance movies of all time. With famous lines such as “No one puts baby in the corner” and iconic dances, this movie truly has it all. 

10 Things I Hate About You

One of the best teen romance movies of all time. A modern retelling of Shakespear’s Taming of the Shrew, this movie stars Heath Ledger, Julia Stiles, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Gabrielle Union.  This movie is a cute teen romance that is sure to make anyone smile. Definitely one of my favorites. 

Love Actually

Although this is a Christmas movie, I watch it all year round. It is the perfect mix of romance, comedy, and drama. My aunt was the first one to show me this movie and it has been one of our favorites to watch together. Although it may not be a very family friendly movie it still should be considered a classic. 

Practical Magic

This movie may have only gotten a 20% on Rotten Tomatoes, but it is a 100% in my heart. Such witchy vibes that are perfect for a self care relaxing night. A cult classic that you can snuggle up to and enjoy. This movie is a cute romantic movie with a touch of magic that stars Sandra Bullock, Nicole Kidman, and Stockard Channing. 

A Star is Born (2018)

If you want a good movie to cry to, this is the one for you. Truly the definition of an emotional rollercoaster. Lady Gaga absolutely kills this role, as does Bradley Cooper. The music is also top tier, when it first came out it was all I could listen to. 

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

I have said this about a lot of movies but this is one of my favorite feel good romance movies. It is so funny and cute and all the old Greek aunts and uncles remind me of my Italian aunts and uncles. This is a movie all of my cousins, aunts, and I could watch all together.

When Harry Met Sallyw

This movie is the blueprint for Will They Won’t They. This movie shows a relationship between the two main characters (Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal) that follows the course of 12 years. This may sound like such repetition at this point, but this is a classic romance movie that is perfect for this time of year. This is where the absolutely iconic quote, “I’ll have what she’s having” comes from.

Pride and Prejudice

I could go on and on on how amazing this movie is. I don’t know if it is the history major in me but I love period romances. Something about the tension and the little to no contact between the love interests that I love so much. Is it long? Yes. Is it perfect? Yes. An absolute must watch. 

The princess bride

My number one movie of all time. This movie is one hour and thirty eight minutes of pure perfection. Comedy, adventure, romance, this movie has it all. Another cult classic that I could talk about for hours. This is the only movie me and my family can agree on watching together. I love everything about this movie with its many iconic quotes such as “inconceivable!”, “death doesn’t stop true love, it only delays it for a while”, and “Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die”. 

Isabella is a Junior at University at Buffalo studying History Education and this is her second year in Her Campus. Her many passions include rainy days, reading, and hot coffee.