freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Best Places To Stuff Your Face and Fill Your Heart In Buffalo This Valentines Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

It is that time of the year where you are either looking at others in disgust, wondering what your SO is going to get you, or just sitting at home with a carton of ice cream. Valentine’s Day! My favorite part of the day is all the chocolate and sweets that is acceptable to eat on this love filled day. Either way, who doesn’t like food? Food is a big controversy for my boyfriend and I. Usually I win when it comes to where we are going out to eat (who’s counting though?), but there are a few spots we both really like and are a go to spot, especially for those special occasions. Buffalo is filled with some unique restaurants that can truly add to the night!

First is Chefs and if you are from Buffalo you already know. Chefs is known for their hearty Italian comfort food at a good price. This restaurant has a quaint ambiance and the food is to die for. I recommend the spaghetti parmesan. The portions are large, filling, and cheesy. Once you go here, you will never want to leave. Pro tip: make reservations! Regardless of the day they are quite busy and might not be able to serve you unless you make a reservation!

Second destination is the Chocolate Bar. The name already speaks for itself, I mean come on chocolate and alcohol? That’s the way to my heart. This restaurant has all sorts of sweet treats from fondue to chocolate martinis. This place is a mix of comfy and sleek, letting you get all dolled up whether it is with your SO or your friends. On Valentine’s Day, they offer a special menu different from their original menu serving food and drinks according to the occasion, it is quite the experience that is well worth it. Pro tip: The Chocolate Bar is on the pricey side for all of us college students who are on a budget.

Next, is Root and Bloom. Where are all my vegans at? I am not vegan but I was for two years and my boyfriend wasn’t the biggest fan of it. He respected my choices but when it came to food he couldn’t take me anywhere, until now! Root and Bloom just recently opened and are Buffalo’s first plant-based café offering all healthy, yet absolutely delicious foods. They offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner but whatever time of the day it might be you will always feel like family there. The servers are friendly and helpful, especially for all the non-vegans who go and don’t know much on the food. For Valentine’s Day, Root and Bloom is offering a unique 4-course French Valentine’s Day Prix Fixe, something that is so original and I can ensure you, you will not find anything like this anywhere else in Buffalo! Pro tip: Specifically, for Valentine’s Day Root and Bloom is only accepting reservations for the 4-course dining, so make sure you call ahead to reserve a spot!

Buon appetite! Did I sound Italian? (No Vic, stop). Next on the food train is the Mulberry. Another Italian place yes but this restaurant will either make you fall out of your seat or make your pants rip you will be so full. The Mulberry offers all Italian classics in a cozy neighborhood location. What makes this place so special? The MEATBALLS. I say that in capital letters because they are famous for the size of their MEATBALLS. I say this with no exaggeration that the size of their meatballs is equivalent to a softball and I give you permission to eat the whole thing with no guilt.

Lastly is La Nova pizza. I know what you are thinking, pizza? On Valentine’s Day? This recommendation is for the people who like staying home, cuddled up on the couch, and going out isn’t their cup of tea. La Nova is a Buffalo Tradition and is the official Pizza for the Bills, Sabres, and Pizza. I am recommending this for Valentine’s Day not only because their pizza is too good but also because upon request they will make you a heart shaped pizza on that special day, I mean how much cheesier can the day get? (you see what I did there?) Pro tip: Order early, It may be surprising but La Nova gets very busy on Valentine’s Day because everyone else wants that heart shaped pizza too!

Buffalo is filled with some hidden treasures and I hope one of these places is one to you. However you spend this day, all that is important is that you are with the ones you love most, food! Last time I heard, all food is an aphrodisiac, correct me if I am wrong

Hi! My names Victoria! I’m in the intended Nursing program at the University at Buffalo currently. A little about myself is I’m a bubbly, dog loving, Disney freak, who loves baking (I TRY to be healthy). I’m a member of Alpha Sigma Tau and now currently write for HerCampus here at UB :)