This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

Upstate New York is an area standing completely alone with its beauty. One of the many treasures we are able to see living in New York is the amazing lakes it has to offer. Here’s a list of just a few of the many beautiful lakes you should go visit this summer in upstate New York

Lake Ontario

This photo was taken in the quaint town of Henderson Harbor.

Lake George

This is one of the best places to go to hike or relax on the lake in New York State.

Sacandaga Lake

If you go here be sure to visit the amazing Italian restaurant Lanzi’s on the Lake

Lake Luzerne

If you are looking for a less populated lake to go visit, this one of definitely for you.

Lake Champlain

Right on the border of Vermont this beautiful area is sure to relieve all your stress.

I am a sophomore and Communications major here at the University at Buffalo. I was editor of my high school newspaper, was a research intern at the Radler Foundation located in Fort Worth, Texas, and wrote many articles for Todd Hobin's new website. I'm very into music, movies, and media and am very happy to be a part of the Her Campus community!