This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

Every year in October the stores are filled with different types of candy as far as the eye can see. Now I do not consider myself a real sweets junkie but I never stop myself from indulging now and again, especially around the holidays. Here is my comprehensive list of what I am deeming the best Halloween candy. Now, this may be very controversial but I am no longer afraid to speak my truth.

Hershey’s

Now, this is just a classic. You can’t go wrong with just a good old-fashioned milk chocolate bar. It always hits the spot and I feel like I am always in the mood for a Hershey’s bar. Probably one of the most common candies that are found in the plastic jack-o’ lanterns of children, but despite its abundance, it still is a top-tier candy. 

Kitkat

KitKats once would probably be at the top of my list but has fallen a couple of places mostly because of its lack of ability to be binged. Once I have a couple of bars of KitKats I am ready to pack it in. Regardless of this, when I can eat it, it is a great candy. With the crunchy flakey wafer with a smooth chocolate exterior, this deserves its place on this list.

Milky way

Now at the top three. I am an absolute fiend for any type of caramel candy so it is no wonder Milky Ways are among my top favorite candies. Not much to say about these little bars of Heaven but they are the perfect candy and always satisfy my sweet tooth.

Candy corn/candy pumpkin

This is the candy that I know is going to have people nodding their heads or shaking them in disgust. I do not care, candy corn is the perfect Halloween candy and the only reason it is not number one is because of its controversy. Some people say it tastes like wax but I am going to have to respectfully disagree. Literally one of my favorite candies of all time. 

Reese’s cup

Now, this is the most superior Halloween candy. There is no greater combination on this Earth than chocolate and peanut butter. I could eat a million Reeses and never be satisfied. This addiction was started by my amazing aunt who never seems to lack Reese’s when I visit. Whether it be pumpkin Reese’s for Halloween or Tree Reese’s for Christmas, Reese’s reigns supreme with the best Halloween candy. 

Isabella is a Junior at University at Buffalo studying History Education and this is her second year in Her Campus. Her many passions include rainy days, reading, and hot coffee.