body images 2019 10 15 Webpnet resizeimagejpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
body images 2019 10 15 Webpnet resizeimagejpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Best $35 You Will Ever Spend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

When I was a kid, my reward was almost always a workbook of my choosing from my favorite bookstore. I wonder what my pediatrician thought as my mom held my tiny, six-year-old self still as I received some vaccination while she consoled me with, “Alice, you can pick out any workbook at Bankstreet as soon as you’re done.” This, oddly enough, was just how I was. My parents never really forced it on me, I just really loved Brain Quest. Needless to say, I grew into the kind of person who has tried A LOT of planners throughout her adolescence, and I can say with confidence, that I have finally discovered The One. 

I have never had a desire to get the same planner a second time. I always use it, like it, but within about a month I am excited about my next planner. By this time of year, I usually have a list of brands I want to try for the next calendar year. Not anymore. Passion Planner should honestly pay me because I have- and will continue to- become publicly verklempt about how much I love their products. I am the ideal spokesperson. Pash Fam™ hit me up. In all seriousness, though, this is the best planner I have ever used. This is largely because it is so much more than just a planner. The Passion Planner is like a back-pack-sized paper life coach. 

Planning and journaling have always been something of an obsession for me. I love a good blank page, but I also love a good prompt. I dabbled in bullet journaling, regular journaling, and many a guided journal. As I said before, I have tried just about every planner. What I love about the Passion Planner is how it combines all of these things into one place. I am able to bring the creativity from my bullet journaling without the stress of having to create a spread from scratch every week. I can use it like a scrap book, adding little entries about what that week was like. At the end of every month, there are little journal prompts to assess how I am progressing towards my goals. This has been especially helpful to me, as someone who is constantly making goals and not following through with them. A problem I know I am not alone in, might I add. With the Passion Planner, I am able to train myself to set smarter goals and hold myself accountable to them.  I feel genuinely on top of myself for the first time in my life.

There are so many creative possibilities with the planner as well. For example, if you miss a week, you can simply create a collage over the spread. This has helped me if I am feeling overwhelmed and skip a week of planning from lack of motivation. There are also bulleted and blank pages in the back that I use as space for habit trackers, lists, and “passion road maps” I make for my goals, a trick the planner teaches you.

It’s not all stickers and markers, the Pash Fam is real. Their Instagram is such an awesome community. From Planner Crush Wednesday to their badass female CEO and founder, there is an endless wealth of inspiration to be found. I could not be more grateful to have discovered this planner.

Ali is the social media manager for the Buffalo chapter of Her Campus. She is a Political Science major with an affinity for crooked media podcasts and bad movies. She hopes she will one day learn how to take care of plants.