travel adventure sunset jeep road trip
travel adventure sunset jeep road trip
Tessa Pesicka / Her Campus

8 Things To Do During Spring Break in Buffalo!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

If you aren’t going anywhere out of town for Spring Break and are staying local, here are some things that you can do right here in Buffalo for a fun time:

Visit the Botanical Gardens

This is the ideal way to spend a nice afternoon around greenery and the natural world at the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens. As a bonus, this is a good time to dress cute and take pictures for the ‘gram! :)

Have a “Pinterest” picnic AT DELAWARE PARK

As the weather gets nicer, take the opportunity to have a cute aesthetic picnic with your friends, family, or simply on your own. Pinterest is full of adorable ideas that one can definitely execute with pretty elements and foods.

have a coffee date on your own or with a bestie

Drinking coffee at a local coffee shop is one of my favorite things to do. Whether I’m by myself or with friends, I love finding new coffee spots and adding to my ~coffee~ highlight on my Instagram. Here are some coffee shops I recommend checking out: Overwinter Coffee, Craft Coffeehouse, Caffe Aroma, and Remedy House.

HIKING

Whether one is hiking, biking, walking on a trail, or doing outdoor activities, Buffalo has some central scenic spots. Visit some prime hiking trails in WNY such as:

• Eternal Flame at Chestnut Ridge
  • Akron Falls County Park
  • Niagara Gorge at Whirlpool State Park
  • Letchworth State Park
girl pointing at nature
Celina Timmerman / Her Campus
TAKE A STROLL IN ELMWOOD VILLAGE

Take the chance to dine out and shop at local boutiques in Elmwood Village. A refreshing walk through the village on a nice day out is a definite straight boost of serotonin. Some restaurants located in Elmwood Village:

• Forty Theives
  • JT’s Restaurant
  • Aquacates Mexican Bar & Grill
  • Sato
  • Coles Restaurant
  • Mister Goodbar
take a short trip to Erie, pa

A quick 1.5 hr road trip to Erie, Pennsylvania could be the move this spring break. Eat some Krispy Kreme donuts and head to Presque Isle State Park for some scenery by the seashore. Or perhaps shop at Millcreek Mall and try some coffee shops such as Pressed or Ember + Forge

Spoon Csu-Assorted Doughnuts
Brook Buchan / Spoon
go to the Buffalo cherry blossom festival

A thing to do in Delaware Park during the springtime is Buffalo’s Annual Cherry Blossoms Festival. The festival will be taking place April 30 – May 1, 2022, at the Buffalo History Museum and the Japenese Garden in Delaware Park. It is a great chance for the people of Buffalo to look at beautiful blossoms and explore Japanese Culture.

spring flowers pink summer warm weather season color bloom beautiful trees flowers life happy bright fun outside outdoors calm
Jackie Ryan / Her Campus
go to canalside

Visit Buffalo’s historic waterfront at the heart of downtown. Canalside is home to many attractions, events, and concerts in Buffalo annually.

Ayesha Khan

Buffalo '23

Ayesha is a senior majoring in Neuroscience and minoring in Asian Studies. She has a passion for all things music and enjoys singing in her free time. An Ariana Grande stan who's obsessed with aesthetics, coffee, the Bills, and her cat, Raja.