This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

If you’re like most of the college students that came back to school this fall, you may feel a pressure to go out and hang out with your friends to make up for the time lost during the pandemic. Having just turned 21, I have been so excited to be able to hang out with my friends as a newly legal adult and since school has started, I have been reconnecting with people I haven’t seen since spring of Sophomore year, right before the pandemic as well as making new friends in my in-person classes and clubs. Here are a few aesthetically pleasing ideas of what to do with your friends, both new and old!

Brunch

As you probably seen on Instagram and TikTok, brunching is definitely in right now. Weekend brunch with your friends will give you the perfect excuse to dress up (or down!), take pictures, catch up with your friends, eat good food, (maybe drink mimosas if you can) have fun. You can also plan brunch for any occasion like a birthday, to celebrate an accomplishment or just to hang out with your friends, and you can go out or perfectly execute it at home!

fair

There is nothing more enjoyable than going to a fair with your friends and/or significant other, especially during spooky season. It would be a great opportunity to have fun, go on rides, eat, and win a prize :)

farmer’s market

You can take cute pictures, get amazing food and flowers in one. This can be a perfect chill but productive idea for a little mini trip to go on with your friends.

cafe

Similar to brunch, a cafe is a good way to spend time with your friends, get a bite to eat and if you go to an aesthetically pleasing place, take a few pictures for Instagram. Going to a cafe is also a great way to hang out with your friends and have your own little space to do homework together as well.

music festival/concert

There are so many artists going on tour, Harry Styles being one of them, and so many music festivals as well such as Gov Ball, Rolling Loud, etc. Music festivals & concerts are a great way to hang out with your friends, take a break from school, see your favorite artists and explore new music all in one.

Do things that you love with the people you love and treat yourself!

A UB student double majoring in Psychology and Criminology, activist, coffee enthusiast, music and fashion lover. She loves using Her Campus as a medium to express her many passions, from self-care, fashion, movies, and books to activism, criminology and psychology.