This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

If you’re struggling to figure out a costume for Halloween this year, struggle no more!  I have come up with five trendy potential Halloween costumes for you.  When it comes to Halloween, I either like to dress up as a classic, for example, a witch, a devil, a zombie, etc.  Or I also like to take the trendy/funny route!  It’s always fun to dress up as someone from a television show that came out within the past year that almost everyone has seen.  Read below to find your perfect costume for this year!

Squid Game

This costume could go a lot of different ways!  You could either dress up as a player or one of the guards.  The show also came out very recently, so most people will know who you’re dressing up as.  The show is also very frightening, so it’s perfect for Halloween!  You can get creative and add some blood or tape some fake money to you.

Joe and Love from You

If you’re lucky and have a significant other, or just a friend would work as well, this would be the perfect costume.  You can add some blood or a fake knife to the look to make it even more creepy!  Another option is to have two other people be Guinevere and Candance, that would be so iconic.

Handmaids from The Handmaid’s Tale

I know this show came out awhile ago, but I remember seeing some handmaid costumes last year and I loved it.  Very spooky and it definitely is a statement!  You can either go as a handmaid or have one person be a commander/wife and the other a handmaid.

Megan Fox and Machine Gun Kelly

I don’t know about you guys, but I have seen a lot of talk surrounding Megan Fox and Machine Gun Kelly’s relationship.  Some people think they’re iconic, some people hate them together.  But if you’re a fan, this is a great costume idea for you!

Berries and Cream Guy

I love a good funny costume idea!  The berries and cream viral video on TikTok has been circulating the app these past couple of months.  I think it will get a laugh out of people which is the best thing to aim for with Halloween costumes.  So up the octave, go for it, and do your little lad dance!

I hope you try out one of these costumes for this Halloween or that they sparked some inspiration in you!  Have a spooky and safe Halloween everyone :)

Katie is the president and chapter correspondent of the Her Campus Buffalo chapter and a junior at the University at Buffalo studying psychology and political science. She loves to write about current events, politics, how to manage college life, and much more! She plans on using this platform to speak her mind and make a difference at UB.