Small Pumpkin In Hand
Small Pumpkin In Hand
Anna Thetard / Her Campus

10 Things You Must Do During Fall in Buffalo, NY

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

New to Buffalo or just looking for some new things to try in the area this fall? Check out our bucket list below for some ideas to add to your personal list of must-haves for the season.

1. Kelkenberg Farms

Growing up near UB, Kelkenberg Farms was one of the places that my family visited every year, and it is a must for autumn in Buffalo. In addition to a large selection of freshly baked goods, they also have hayrides, pumpkin picking, and so many more fall activities. With their website, you can easily plan your trip to Kelkenberg Farms and choose from a variety of activities to do. 

1. Go apple picking

There are so many places around Buffalo where you can go apple picking, and not a single one will disappoint you. However, my favorite one that I have been to was Blackman Homestead Farm. They have all of the tools that you might need there for you to use, they are extremely kind, and there is a great variety of apples for you to choose from. In addition, they also have a large selection of products that they make ranging from fruit juices, sauces, and fruit butters.

1. Make a trip to Ellicottville, NY

Ellicottville is quite possibly one of the most picturesque places in the greater Buffalo area when fall comes and the leaves start to turn. Although Ellicottville is a small town, you will never run out of things to do. You can visit the local shops or restaurants like the Ellicottville Brewing Company, or you can try attending one of the popular events like the Fall Festival.

1. Eat apple anything!

There are so many places around Buffalo that offer the best flavors that fall has to offer. Whether you want to try Starbuck’s new Apple Crisp Macchiato or stick with something local, you will find something that you will enjoy. One of my favorite places to get apple pie in Buffalo is the Farmers and Artisans shop in Snyder, NY. They also have many other fall flavors ranging from freshly baked goods to local maple syrup and honey.

1. Visit a cider mill

Listed as one of Step Out Buffalo’s “20 Insta-Worthy Fall Spots For Your Feed,” Mayer Bros. Cider Mill is a must to visit during fall in Buffalo. They make fresh-pressed cider, donuts, and many other fall-favorite baked goods.

1. Go to a Buffalo Bills game

If you live in Buffalo, you will no doubt learn that saying “Go Bills!” is more or less the same as saying “Hello!” In writing a bucket list about things to do in Buffalo during the fall, I would be remiss if I didn’t mention attending a Bills game. Get ready for the game by getting apparel at one of the BFLO Store locations, from Buffalove, or another local shop.

1. Visit a pumpkin patch

If you are interested in going pumpkin picking, there are so many places around Buffalo to visit. I really enjoy visiting the Great Pumpkin Farm or you can check out Step Out Buffalo’s post on the area’s best pumpkin patches.

1. Pumpkin everything!

You will have no shortage of places around Buffalo to get your fix of all things pumpkin. You can check out the seasonal favorites at Trader Joe’s on Niagara Falls Boulevard or at local cafés to check out their pumpkin drinks and goods, such as at Taste Bistro & Coffee Bar in East Aurora.

1. Go for a hike or visit a trail

If you enjoy spending time outdoors like I do, then you will enjoy both of these options. Letchworth State Park is a little over an hour away from the UB campus, and it is extremely beautiful during fall with the changing colors of the leaves. There are many trails throughout the park ranging in difficulty, so you can find one that will work best for you and your experience. Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve is about 20 minutes away from campus and the trails are much easier to walk. You can see the lily pond, learn more about the history of the park, or just take in the views.

1. Take some perfect fall pictures

If you are looking for some picture ideas around Buffalo this fall, look no further than Step Out Buffalo. Two of my favorite posts from their page look at the “20 Most Insta-Worthy Fall Spots For Your Feed” and “31 Picture Perfect Spots in WNY.” Buffalo is such a unique city filled with art, history, and so much life, so you will never run out of an opportunity to take a picture of the city around you!

We hope this helps, and if you find something that you enjoy this fall and that you think should be added to this list, feel free to contact us on social media!

Junior Political Science major. Interested in: Current Events, Music, and Baking!