School, Stress and Other Mishaps: Sabby To The Rescue

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

I feel overwhelmed.  As the semester is coming to a close I notice I don’t have much time for anything anymore.  I work then go to class, sleep then do it all again! I can’t remember the last time I had a chance to just lay back and breathe.  I’ve also been stressing myself over finals and missing my family a lot; I wasn’t as prepared for college as I thought.  I’m thinking of speaking to my school psychologist but I’m embarrassed to tell someone all that’s going on in my life.  What do you suggest?
            -Lisa

The end of the semester is hard for all students, no matter where you are academically.  What I would suggest is to create a study group with fellow classmates so that you way you can help one another with any in class issues you may be having.  Creating a study group not only helps you academically but it also creates close friendships.  As far as the stress you should take five minutes out of your day to write down how your feeling or to sit in a quiet spot, eyes closed, deep breathing, doing this will help you to relax and relieve stress effectively.  And DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT feel embarrassed about seeing a professional with your problems, that’s what they’re there for!  Going to see a psychologist helps you let out your inner most thoughts and issues to someone who is not going to judge you.  From my own experience, it’s helped me a great deal to look at the issues in my life in a new perspective and aide me in becoming a better person.  Go, you won’t regret it.

Good luck!!
XoXo

Sabby!