Sara Garfinkle: A campus voice

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

Sara’s Quote to live by: “Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other”
-John F. Kennedy

Sara Garfinkle has been a notable figure in the Buffalo State community since her first year here three years ago.  Sara is a junior Exceptional Education major and has run for and won the position of President for the United Students Government where she oversees all special events and activities for Buffalo State’s student body.  When asked about her position at USG, Sara stated, “As the President of USG, I am responsible for meeting with the College Administration to make sure the voices of the students are heard.”  Sara’s other responsibilities include the position of Chair of the Executive Branch, overlooking Senate meetings, and maintaining the necessary functions of all the divisions of USG.

While Sara is not busy with USG events, she is also the President of Alpha Sigma Tau Sorority Sigma chapter, the voting delegate of SUNY Student Assembly, member of the budget committee of college planning council, member of the Year of The Arts steering committee, student representative on the campus alliance meetings, and USG representative on the Alumni Association of the Board of Directors.  And that’s saying a mouthful!

Sara also participates in community events such as Buffalo’s annual Breast Cancer Walk, lending her hand in local soup kitchens, cleaning up the neighborhood through the Elmwood cleanup project, and helping out through the BSC Volunteer and Service Learning Center.  All these activities alone keep Sara busy nonstop, but she always makes time for the students of Buffalo State whenever they need her advice, her signature, or just a friendly smile.

After graduation, Sara hopes to become a teacher and is considering going for her Masters in School Administration.  While Sara continues to strive and improve Buffalo State, she will always be a campus leader with time for everybody throughout her busy schedule and a celebrity here at Her Campus.