This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

Name – Ryan Salkeld

Class Status – Junior

Graduation Year – 2016

Age – 23

Major – Business Administration (Marketing Concentration)

Quote to live by – “Some people dream of success, others make it happen.”

Social Media: Instagram: @salkeld91

HC Buff State: Who is your biggest inspiration? 

Ryan: “Both of my parents for being strong enough to beat cancer and still having the strength to get me to where I am today.”

HC Buff State: What things have you done or organizations are you a part of on campus and what have you learned from them? 

Ryan: “Being a part of the men’s hockey team has given me the opportunity to attend many events that were for good causes and they have really made me value all that I have been given and the experiences I have had because there are many people who aren’t as fortunate.” 

HC Buff State: Why did you come to Buffalo State?

Ryan: “I was recruited to play hockey by Coach Carrier and I also have family in the area.”

HC Buff State: What were your best and worst experiences while attending Buffalo State?

Ryan: “My best experience that is non-hockey related would have to be meeting a professor who has completely changed my outlook on what I need to obtain while I attend Buffalo State. My worst experience is probably having to take some general education courses that I had zero interest in.” 

HC Buff State: How would you describe your experience here at Buffalo State? 

Ryan: “Amazing, I have met some great people and made a lot of memories that will last a lifetime.” 

HC Buff State: What do you hope to do when you graduate? 

Ryan: “Pursue my life long dream of becoming a professional hockey player and eventually use my degree to work with a beach apparel company.”

HC Buff State: What is your biggest motivation to continue on as a student here at Buffalo State?

Ryan: “Obtaining more knowledge because it is only going to benefit me in the future.”

HC Buff State: What advice can you give to females who go to Buffalo State?  

Ryan: “Don’t be afraid to voice your opinions because I personally have learned a lot from doing so.”

Corrinne Wheatley, originally from Syracuse, NY, is a junior at Buffalo State College. She is studying communications with a concentration in Journalism. Corrinne has always loved writing and photography as well as art and dance. She is also very active in the fashion scene on campus taking part in a number of fashion shows that showcase the work of Buffalo State fashion students. After graduation Corrinne would like to move to a big city, preferably LA or New York, and work in the entertainment news business.