freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.
With V-Day coming up and classes finally kicking in, I know you all must be so overwhelm with trying to find a cute spot to take your love bug on this special day. You probably asked yourself already, “Where in Buffalo can I go that’s romantic?” or “I really want to do something different from our other dates, what can we do?” Well, you are in for a treat because we did all the research for you and whipped up a list of our top romantic places to go to this Valentine’s Day.

1. The Left Bank- Located on 511 Rhode Island Street Buffalo, NY 14213.

It’s not too small and it’s not too big. It’s the perfect type of confined space to get all snuggled up with your boo. As soon as you walk into this cute little restaurant, itreminds you of a nice summer night in Italy.  It definitely gives off that romantic feeling with all-around dim lights, candle centerpieces, and classic wooden decor. The menu ranges from salads to pastas; we recommend the Penne all’Arrabbitta (with fried calamari, if you like seafood) for it is exquist. The dessert menu is, of course, phenomenal and varies day to day.  So for all my carrot cake lovers, without doubt we say go all out for your other half. They even have live Jazz on Sundays during brunch in case you wanted to get extra romantic and Asian Wednesdays if you wanted to try something different.

2. Paint and Sip 

Looking for something new to do with your lovebug? Take a painting class and if you are 21 and up, why not sip some fine wine while you guys try to be the next Picasso. On February 13, Paint and Tap studio is hosting a date night that you can enjoy with your other half for the price of $32 dollars a ticket. They have two locations, one in East Aurora and another in Williamsville. This session is from 7pm to 9pm. This would be a cute experience for you to show off your artistic side, even if it is not on the same level as Picasso.

3. The Chocolate Bar 

What is Valentine’s Day without chocolate? It may seem cliché. However, what would this list be without The Chocolate Bar? The Chocolate Bar is located in downtown Buffalo. It is the classic place to go to on this day. You don’t even have to buy a box of chocolate, just take your sweetie here and try their chocolate-inspired collection. For my red velvet lovers, you will not be disappointed. Unlike the Left Bank, this place is more modern, sleek and chic; they even have televisions in the bathroom playing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or the chocolate episode from Spongebob Squarepants. You do not even need your cell phone anymore when going to the restroom.

4. Saigon Cafe

If you wanted to try some new and different cusine, then Saigon is the place to go. This Vietnamese and Thai restaurant is a beautiful setting to take your significant other. Located right on Elmwood, the inside has a modern Asian theme with green and bamboo decor complementing each other. Now if this is your first time trying Thai or Vietnamese food,  you should start with the beginners dish Pad Thai (with any meat you desire) because you cannot go wrong. If you go to Buffalo State, the best thing about this place is that according to Chartwells they take Bengal Bucks! So if you have not spent your $75 dollars for the semester on books yet, go full out for your sweetie, all-expense paid. Oh and one more thing, their coconut shrimps are to die for, perfectly fried and a light succulent taste that will have ordering more before you know it. 

5. Just Vino

Sorry, but number 5 is only for all my grown and sexy couples who are 21 and over. With classes just beginning and workload starting to pile, it is nothing like a nice date with bae tasting wine at Just Vino. Located on Main Street, their Valentine special, for $70 a person, select any bottle of wine and a three-course meal with dessert just for you and your lover. They also hold wine tasting classes, just $25 a person, from 7pm to 9pm.

There is so much to do in Buffalo for Valentine’s; you can do dinner and a movie, a night at a museum, race around the track at Pole Position Raceway or even jump on trampolines at SkyZone. Whether it is somewhere cliché or something new, it should not really matter because Valentine’s Day is just another day to spend quality time with someone you love.  Just remember, it does not have to be with someone you are in love with; it can be someone who you passionately care about, like your mom or best friend. Whoever is this lucky person you decided to spend this day with, they will be happy they got to spend it with you. That concludes our top romantic places to go to in Buffalo. To our readers, we hope you enjoy this day and hope you get all the chocolate you can ask for.

Gila Skelly

Buff State

Hello! My name is Gila. Fashion Merchandise major, aspiring to conquer all. My mission in life isn't just to fashionably aspire but to help, inspire, encourage, uplift and motivate women of the world. "It's not just fashion, it's a lifestyle" - G.Skelly xoxo