Meet Mr. Smoove, Zacharie Skeen!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

The Basics

Name: Zacharie Skeen

Hometown: Bronx, NY

Major/Minor: Criminal Justice 

Year: Senior 

The Favorites

Favorite film: Slam

Favorite food: Halal food 

Favorite color: Blue 

Favorite song at the moment: Popcaan – Good Time 

The Interesting Facts

If you could have one super power, what would it be and why: “I would wanna have the power to fly so I can see different places around the world.” 

Fun fact about yourself: “I am a song writer and photographer.” 

If you could switch places with anybody, who would it be and why? “I wouldn’t want to switch, I love being me.” 

Relationship status: “Single”

Celebrity crush: “K. Michelle”

What do you look for in a girl: “I want a girl with ambition and a good head on her shoulders” 

If you could travel anywhere in the world for free, where would you go: “I would go back to my country, Jamaica.”

Guilty pleasure: “The Casino” 

How did it feel to win the title of “Mr. Smoove 2015”: “It doesn’t feel much different, maybe the feeling hasn’t hit me yet.”

What was your favorite part of the contest: “My favorite part was coming out for a second scene and dancing with my bro Brad.” 

India Summers is a full-time student who is in the works of obtaining her bachelors degree in fashion merchandising, and then her associates in advertising and marketing communications. In the midst of obtaining her degrees, she has participated in a countless number of activities and community service projects on her Buffalo State campus. She was also inducted into two national honor societies, and plans to study in Los Angeles, California at California State University - Northridge, during the spring 2016 semester. In addition, she is the owner of her website www.studentoffashion.com. She considers herself a fashion photojournalist, who captures the different styles of people across cities, and who ultimately wants to capture styles of people across the world. You can follow her on Instagram @studentoffashion or visit her website at www.studentoffashion.com
Alexandra Whitehead is a Senior at SUNY at Buffalo State. Originally from Virginia, she is majoring in Fashion Textile and Techonology with a concentration in Merchandising. She also has a minor in Theatre. Alexandra is a big advocate for the arts, taking great pleasure in literature, performing, and media arts. She also loves traveling and experiencing new things. In the Fall of 2014, she had the great opportunity to study abroad in London at Regents University. It was an amazing experience that taught her so much about herself and the different cultures around her. When she graduates, Alexandra aspires to be a film/television actress, owner of a eco-friendly fashion boutique, and owner of an animal rescue that saves feral cats and kittens from the streets.