Halloween Bar Crawl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

I’m not sure how many of you guys are familiar with the Buffalo Bar Crawl, but for those of you who aren’t it is an event that takes place in the downtown Chippewa area of buffalo once or twice a year. During Buffalo Bar Crawl particpating bars allow those that are 21 and up to to enter their establishments if they’ve purchased a ticket for the Bar Crawl event and the mission is to visit all the participating bars and get a score card that is given to you hole punched by the security of all the bars you’ve visited to show that you were there. Once you’ve visted all the bars and have your score card to prove it you  win a free shirt.

Typically their is a Halloween Bar Crawl but according to Buffalo Bar Crawl this years event will not be held on halloween but instead sometime during December for a Christmas theme or during Mardi Gras time. Now we don’t know the exact date of the Bar Crawl event but as students here on campus a December Bar Crawl could possibly not work well. If the event is scheduled in December and is scheduled during our finals week or winter break, and like many you go home to a city other than Buffalo, you completely miss the event. Though missing a Bar Crawl event is not a big deal to worry about in life the point is it’s simply just a matter of wanting to be able to enjoy the perks of being of legal age in college and wanting to be able to go out and have fun by celebrating some of the city’s previous traditional events.

Image found at: http://favim.com/image/990667/

Brittany Windham is a Senior at Buffalo State College in Buffalo, NY. She is studying Fashion Design with a concentration in Apparel Design. She is a New York City native with a love for the arts and anything that allows her to express her creativity. She is a published poet and a member of the Chi Alpha Epsilon Honors Society. She has worked alongside artist, designers, and students in New York City to promote environmental awareness through art with her participation in Digital Day Camp through the Eyebeam team. She is currently a member of the Orange Crush team on her campus and she one day aspires to have her own online store which recycles and reuses old accessories and clothing to create new ones.