Derick Sherrier: Life in the fast lane!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

Derick’s Quote to Live by: “Everything happens for a reason”-Himself

Perhaps one of the most talented men here at Buffalo State, Derick Sherrier has become somewhat of a star.  Derick is a Junior Theater major with a ton of projects to show on his belt to show for it.  When Derick is not participating in Theater productions, he is helping in campus life.  Derick is involved in Casting Hall, Violet, The Caribbean Student Organization, and is an R.A. through Residence Life.  When asked about the various projects he is involved in, Derick replied, “I feel great about them all, they all keep me entertained and very active here on campus”  which keeps Derick on his toes!

Derick recently lent his hand at Buffalo State’s Take Back The Night 2012 where he aided in bringing individuals to have a voice against violence toward women.  Derick enjoys his volunteer work stating, “ I’ve done lots of independent volunteer work; be it directing something for someone or choreographing something for someone’s event; a lot of the flash mobs that happen here are just me and everyone else involved volunteering their time”

Someday Derick wishes to continue his love for Theater by showing off his skills wherever he goes, “I plan to audition for roles in L.A, Atlanta, N.Y.C, Buffalo, Chicago, and California.  I plan to pursue a career in television, film, and Theater and somewhere down the line.  I want to start my own youth theater company, and release a poem anthology that I have been working on. And a novel that I’ve been working on since high school and I wouldn’t mind getting into the directing field as well” which is a handful!

Though Derick is stuck in college now, it does not mean that he will not be remembered for all that he does and what he will continue to achieve in the future.