Daniel Gilbert ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

Name- Daniel Gilbert Class Status-
Senior Graduation Year- May 2014
 Age- 21 Major- Health and Wellness Quote to live by-
Insecurity is loud. Confidence is silent and humble.

HC: If you had any super power what would it be?

Daniel: The power to heal myself and others.

HC: Who is your biggest inspiration?

Daniel: My biggest inspiration would be my grandfather. I see the same determination to succeed in myself that I saw in him growing up. Education was a very important to him. He always told me that education is power and it can open many doors for me.

HC: What things have you done/organizations you are a part of on campus and what have you learned from them?

Daniel: I am very involved on Buffalo State campus. I was an orientation leader the summer of 2012. Currently I am a United Students Government (USG) Senator and also an intern for Weigel Health Promotions. All these things broaden my knowledge about Buffalo State and enhanced my leadership qualities.

HC: Why did you come to buff state?

Daniel:
I came to Buffalo State because it was convenient for me since I was able to be in state but at the same time experience being away from home. I realized Buff State is a very diverse community and seems to have a lot of networking opportunities that can help me for my future endeavors.

HC: What are the best and worst experiences you’ve had while attending buff state?

Daniel:
My worse experience while attending Buffalo State, which I’m sure most freshmen, encounter was to share the bathroom with so many people who wasn’t as hygienic as I am. I am a very organized and clean person so seeing how the bathrooms were looking my freshmen year of college was the worse for me. My best experience was when I became apart of USG. This was a stepping-stone for me to step out of my comfort zone and represent and become the voice for the Buffalo State student body.

HC: How would you describe your experience here at buff state?

Daniel- I love going to Buffalo State. I had many great experiences here and I am thankful for the lessons I’ve learned. Buffalo State gives students the opportunity to interact with people from a variety of groups and widen their social circle by expanding the pool of people with whom they can associate and develop relationships. I truly feel a sense of belonging.

HC: What do you hope to do when you graduate?

Daniel:
I plan on going to graduate school to pursue a career as a Physical Therapist. In this career I am able to help patients enrich the qualities of their lives and achieve self-sufficiency which can be an immeasurably rewarding experience. I thank my grandfather for this because he helped me realize the satisfaction of helping others.

HC: What is your biggest motivation to continue on as a student here at buff state?

Daniel: My biggest motivation to continue on as a student here would be my past accomplishments. I feel like I’ve really made a mark on campus and want to continue doing so. Choosing Buffalo State as my college truly was one of the best decisions I’ve made. HC: What advice can you give to females who go to buff state?

Daniel: My advice to females on this campus is to seek respect, not attention.

***All of us here at Her Campus Buff State would like to thank Daniel for being a part of the site and we wish him all the best of luck on his endeavors!

Brittany Windham is a Senior at Buffalo State College in Buffalo, NY. She is studying Fashion Design with a concentration in Apparel Design. She is a New York City native with a love for the arts and anything that allows her to express her creativity. She is a published poet and a member of the Chi Alpha Epsilon Honors Society. She has worked alongside artist, designers, and students in New York City to promote environmental awareness through art with her participation in Digital Day Camp through the Eyebeam team. She is currently a member of the Orange Crush team on her campus and she one day aspires to have her own online store which recycles and reuses old accessories and clothing to create new ones.