This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

More and more these days, it seems that there is a growing appreciation for the female frame. More notably, there is an even greater appreciation for the curvier frame. Gone are the days of Twiggy and Moss, where slender and tall seemed to be the look of choice for fashionistas everywhere. Nowadays, there are more full figured and just average women out there looking fabulous in wearable styles. Most recently, Dolce and Gabbana showcased the “Viva la Mamma” which had mothers walking  down the runway with their kids in tow. The intention was to celebrate motherhood and although most of the models were still rail thin, there was that difference, that never been done factor. Celebrities and models such as Serena Williams,Kate Upton, Nicki Minaj, and Christina Hendricks, to name a few, are being credited for the increasing trend. We see a slew of women on Facebook and mostly Instagram, posing in stylish pieces that display the beauty of the curve. The goal is to show women that you can look great in any size you are. Women are making sure they are healthy and fabulous, and I definitely agree!

Diana Onuoha

Buff State

My name is Diana Onuoha, I am a junior at Buffalo State with majors in Fashion Merchandising and French Language. I love culture, modeling, writing, and people and of course fashion. I hope to someday work in the fashion industry but I am not certain what department exactly. I am currently running for miss New York 2014 and i'm super excited to where the road leads from here. Feel free to contact me with any ideas, if you need a runway model, or just to say hi. Merci!
 Brittany Windham is a Senior at Buffalo State College in Buffalo, NY. She is studying Fashion Design with a concentration in Apparel Design. She is a New York City native with a love for the arts and anything that allows her to express her creativity. She is a published poet and a member of the Chi Alpha Epsilon Honors Society. She has worked alongside artist, designers, and students in New York City to promote environmental awareness through art with her participation in Digital Day Camp through the Eyebeam team. She is currently a member of the Orange Crush team on her campus and she one day aspires to have her own online store which recycles and reuses old accessories and clothing to create new ones.