Away from your boo this Valentine’s Day? No worries! Here are five great V-day ideas for you and your loved one!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

Being in a long distance relationship can be stressful at times; but being in one on Valentine’s Day can be even worse.  Seeing all those couples smash face can be a bit heart wrenching but no worries!  These ideas are sure to keep a smile on your darling’s face even with miles between you.

1.     Get on Oovoo or Skype:  Just because you cannot have a physical date together does not mean you cannot have a virtual one!  Dress up in a cute outfit (something fiery and red, of course) and have dinner together.  This idea not only is a great way to see your boo, it’s alsoF-R-E-E, what’s better than that?!

2.     Send Kisses:  The site, Virtualkiss.com has a kissing booth to send kisses to whomever you like!  You have a choice of colors, lip shape, and the ability to write your own message.  It is also F-R-E-E!

3.     Relaxation Time: Travel to far off continents from your own bedroom for F-R-E-E!  Choose a location you and your beloved would like to journey off to and get on 360cities.net to view a full screen, state of the art visualization of your choice with helpful locations if you ever decide to go for real!

4.     Pillow Talk: These adorable pillows are sure to make your loved one melt each time they are in bed.  Boldloft.com has an adorable series called “Boy Meets Girl” with the boy blowing kisses to a girl on another pillow.  They are the perfect gift for you and your honey to share while dreaming of one another and inexpensive at $24.95 for the pillowcase.

5.     Send a card:  Most people on Valentine’s Day buy cards for their loved one but this year you will have one that will not be sold in any store.  Smartartcards.com gives you tips on making your own card the best it can be.  However, if you do not have time, Hallmarks.com lets you mail the card and write your own greeting in it and mails it out.  Simple!

Of course there are tons of other ideas out there, these are sure to give a boost on a day where togetherness is key.  And, while you may not be swapping spit with your boo, remember that the moment you see each other soon, it will be worth the wait.

Happy Valentine’s Day!