This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

There must be something about April showers because this month, a lot of celebrities are just showering us with great things. First, Beyonce announced her active wear line ‘IVY Park”. Then, Drake’s album “Views from the 6” will be released this month. And now, Rihanna’s new Puma sandals will be avaliable this month as well! If you are a fan of all three of these artists, then you must be as excited as I am.

When I first looked at Beyonce’s active wear commercial, I knew it wasn’t Dereon – it was better. To make things even better, she put Blue Ivy in the commercial too. As you know, Beyonce is starting to change her image and take her feminist role more serious. She’s also adding a lot of spice by becoming more involved in the whole pro-black movement. Looking at Ivy Park, I saw everything Beyonce wants to shed light to and more. To me it wasn’t just about promoting active wear – it was about embracing your true self, loving yourself, accepting yourself and everything that comes with it. I look around and for once, I never realized how insecure most woman are. Yes, I already knew everyone has insecurities, but I didn’t realize until now how most women share the same insecurity – image. We worry so much about how we look and how much we weigh. Instead, we should focus on being healthy and fit enough to where we feel good for ourselves – not good enough for others approval. I wish there was something I can do about ths epidemic but to be honest, it has to start within ourselves first. This is also not just about image either – it’s also about our own skin and accepting our complexion, who we are as an individual, our ethnicity. I can go forever about this message I personally saw in Ivy Park. Or, maybe it’s not even that deep. But, if you take into perspective all that is going on and Beyonce stance in it, then you just might start feeling the same way I do.

Ivy Park can be found at TopShop and will be released TODAYYYYYY!!! WHOOP WHOOP! (and it’s affordable..I want to thank God that I just got paid)

Moving forward, The 6 God is about to bless us with an album. Who’s buying?! April 29th, I will most definitely find a way to listen to the album before purchasing because if you’re really into music, I would suggest to do exactly that. To me it’s not about the artist, they’ll get money regardless. But, I will not support if I do not like majority of the album, especially since I’m a college student who needs the money for more important things – like food! However, I can not wait for this album to come out because lately Drake has not disappointed me, even when he had diss tracks for Meek Mill. So April 29th, don’t forget!

Lastly, my girl Rih Rih did it again (sidebar: the oncert was amazing). It has been announced that Rihanna will be releasing furry slippers in a deep blush color for Puma! Oh My Gawd, it is so beautiful, I mean, it is very easy to do it yourself. Just refer to my article “DIY: How to Construct Your Own Feather Heels” for detailed instructions on how to make your own! 

This month has really been a good month of April shows…figuratively and literally (unfortunately on the literally part.)

Gila Skelly

Buff State

Hello! My name is Gila. Fashion Merchandise major, aspiring to conquer all. My mission in life isn't just to fashionably aspire but to help, inspire, encourage, uplift and motivate women of the world. "It's not just fashion, it's a lifestyle" - G.Skelly xoxo